help needed - sb800

Status
Not open for further replies.

allcowsmoo

Mar 17, 2004
hi. got my sb800 a few days ago. i tried using the remote, bud realised it only worked when another flash is detected. is there anyway, where i can trigger the sb800 without using my built in flash ? like by a cord or wad ? thanks for your help.

thanks. where can i get it and how much isit ? whats the diff between the 3 models u given ? thanks again

if you're using the D70... why not use the built-in flash in commander mode?

Yes, the ML-L1 can trigger the SB-800 flash.

bud that will mean that i will need the built in to flash right ? the thing now is that i dont want the built in to flash. only the sb800

In commander mode, the built in flash of the D70 does not contribute to exposure, it is just used to control the SB800 - so your subject is only lit up by the SB800.

This is pretty good since you don't need to buy any extra equipment (apart from SB800/SB600) to have wireless off camera flash - it's all built in.

oh okay. sorry for my ignorance. so what should the settings be like ? on the sb800 and on the cam. other than aperture and stuffs. like the commander modes. yea. thanks to all who have contributed. really appreciate it.

i oso have a question, can someone teach me how to remove the battery cover so i can put in the 5th batt?

DragcoX said:
i oso have a question, can someone teach me how to remove the battery cover so i can put in the 5th batt?

Maybe u can refer to earlier thread below :)
showthread.php

bip916 said:
Maybe u can refer to earlier thread below :)
showthread.php

opps thx thx, lets hope it dun break hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.