Help needed regarding Nikon D60

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

I brought out my D60 for a shoot to the Southern Ridges a few days ago and I had a bizarre encounter with the LCD screen of the camera. Apparently, the screen went on and off erratically when I was viewing it under sunlight. Is there something wrong with the proximity sensor? Or does it has to do with the glare from the sunlight that is causing such a phenomenon?

Just pondering if this's a common problem with other owners of the D60 and whether I should start considering sending it in for servicing.

Would greatly appreciate any help provided. Thanks. :D

Cheers.

Last edited:

rookie86

Jun 29, 2008
Tomato
Hi guys,

I brought out my D60 for a shoot to the Southern Ridges a few days ago and I had a bizarre encounter with the LCD screen of the camera. Apparently, the screen went on and off erratically when I was viewing it under sunlight. Is there something wrong with the proximity sensor? Or does it has to do with the glare from the sunlight that is causing such a phenomenon?

Just pondering if this's a common problem with other owners of the D60 and whether I should start considering sending it in for servicing.

Would greatly appreciate any help provided. Thanks. :D

Cheers.

yup.. i'm having this problem too.. if i'm not wrong it's due to the light sensor above the LCD screen.. i think it's coz of the strong sunlight that is "confusing" the light sensor.. didn't know wat';s the real cause though.. and it's really irratating! normally i will juz switch the light sensor off during this "bright" period and turn back on after it's not so bright..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom