Help Needed: Problem with Dry Cabinet??

Status
Not open for further replies.

narofx

Aug 12, 2006
hi all,

i just bought a 2nd-hand Digi Cabi AD-050 dry cabinet. I set the dryness to the highest, ie, the red zone.

However, after 2 days, the RH% only dropped from 70% to 66%. Do you think there's something wrong with my dry cabinet?

pls advice.

thank you.

I heard that the healthy humidity is between 40-45%. You can just put in a thristy hippo or any other de-humidifier you can find in the supermarket. Its convenient and it work quite fast in bringing down the humidity. The other way is to ask the person that sell it to you about solving this problem.

but the issue is whether it takes the dry cabinet that long to reduce the humidity. If it does not, then most prob something with the dry cabinet and i go to digihub to check as its still under warranty.

i cannot remember red zone or what is highest, but the light is bright?

then 2 days is way too long for a maximum bringing down to 70% levels

send it for a check.

i cannot remember red zone or what is highest, but the light is bright?

then 2 days is way too long for a maximum bringing down to 70% levels

send it for a check.
yeap.. the light is the brightest, which should mean driest.

in that case, i should make a call to digihub to enquire..

thanks

hi all,

i just bought a 2nd-hand Digi Cabi AD-050 dry cabinet. I set the dryness to the highest, ie, the red zone.

However, after 2 days, the RH% only dropped from 70% to 66%. Do you think there's something wrong with my dry cabinet?

pls advice.

thank you.

Hi Pal, you shd put the dial at 'M' for a day, 24hrs (without any equipment in it).
The ideal reading is around 40-45%. Any reading above 45%, turn the dial clockwise (towards the red zone) slightly, than monitor, and adjust accordingly. If reading is below 40%, do the opposite.
After the huminity is stable, than put your equipment in and monitor for a few days. Adjust accordingly.

Hope this help.

Hi Pal, you shd put the dial at 'M' for a day, 24hrs (without any equipment in it).
The ideal reading is around 40-45%. Any reading above 45%, turn the dial clockwise (towards the red zone) slightly, than monitor, and adjust accordingly. If reading is below 40%, do the opposite.
After the huminity is stable, than put your equipment in and monitor for a few days. Adjust accordingly.

Hope this help.
thanks for your advise.. i just brought it to Digihub and they changed it for mi.. lets hope its okay..

bro,
as mahathir said, throw in a thirsty hippo or its copycat equivalent.
If u want to be extra safe, wrap your lenses wif baby diapers AND place in thirsty hippo- no chance for fungus...

Thirsty hippo selling cheapest i saw at those sundry shops: $1.60 for pack of 2 (slightly smaller size). Normal is about $1.80 for a 2 pack (Standard size).

Rich people buy the real thirsty hippos: $8++ for a pack of 3 :sweat:

The thirsty hippo may lower the humidity, but doesn't cover the fact that there is something wrong with the dri-cabinet.

I think the wise move is to send it in for a new one.

thanks guys.. the new one works!!! its now at 45%!!! time to keep my camera in.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.