Help needed on photograph editing in CS3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, can any kind souls here advice me on how do I actually make an object 'retains' it's original colour in a black and white photo? I am currently working in Adobe Photoshop CS3. I've been digging my brains out but just can't seem to get it right. I can also be reached at mfba79@gmail.com in case it's gonna be a long one. Thank you very much in advance.

Hi guys, can any kind souls here advice me on how do I actually make an object 'retains' it's original colour in a black and white photo? I am currently working in Adobe Photoshop CS3. I've been digging my brains out but just can't seem to get it right. I can also be reached at mfba79@gmail.com in case it's gonna be a long one. Thank you very much in advance.

lennyl

Mar 27, 2008
Northern California
Erm, photograph a black and white object? :)

If what you mean is, you want an image that has part of it in color, while the rest is in black and white (example : butterfly in hand, butterfly in color but hand and background in B&W) what you need to do is to use layers. You duplicate the background layer, then change that new layer to black and white. Then you add a layer mask and erase away the part you want to show through.

Check out the book by Matt Kloskowski, or many available web pages on the subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom