Help needed on AdobePS CS for D70 Plugin RAW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adzz

Jun 20, 2004
West area
The first time I loaded my RAW file on CS, it comes out with lots of options to fine tune the image, like white balance - controlling the Kelvin, and adjusting the levels. However, when I load a RAW image now on CS, what appears on my screen is this....

adcs.jpg

Anyone knows what is the problem and how I go about solving this?

Thanks, :)

You need to remove the Nikon NEF plugin inside the PS CS plugin directory and replace it with the one from Adobe Camera RAW 2.2 plugin from the website.

You just need to remove the NEF plugin that Nikon Capture installed.

Hi guys,
For someone who already owns PS and shoots Raw, is there still any use in getting Nikon capture ? Thanks for sharing. :confused:

Well for my personal preference, I like Nikon Capture. It's more user friendly than PS I feel. Might be because I'm used to NC. The workflow is albeit painfully slow, but I pretty much welcome the results of NC over PS.

Nikon capture has extra features like recognizing the camera's tone curves and de-fishing support for the nikon 10.5 fisheye. The main downside I feel is that is slow in processing compared to PS or C1.

PS camera raw can do anything NC can do, provided you are willing to learn its functions, do note that the default settings when you open a RAW file are far from optimal. Also note that ACR requires you to apply your own tonal curves manually to get a good result.

Both can give you good results if you are familiar with their functions and will do well for most people. However, if you process a huge amount of RAW shots, then Capture One would be the one to get. Its workflow is far more streamlined and the processing speed is much faster than the other 2.

ah, thanks guys. :) i will try it out later. ;)

:) Thanks for your precious input guys, it helps ! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I would like to ask one thing and its regarding whether Win XP can view the thumbnails of *.NEF files. Right now, because I never install Nikon Capture or the bundled software with D70, it appears as an unknown file so Win XP cannot view it as a picture under the windows picture n fax viewer software.

Is there anyway to view the NEF files in thumbnails in Win XP itself?

Gosu_John said:
I would like to ask one thing and its regarding whether Win XP can view the thumbnails of *.NEF files. Right now, because I never install Nikon Capture or the bundled software with D70, it appears as an unknown file so Win XP cannot view it as a picture under the windows picture n fax viewer software.

Is there anyway to view the NEF files in thumbnails in Win XP itself?
Solution here. Please use the search function in the future.

acroamatic said:
Solution here. Please use the search function in the future.

:angel: thanks acro.as much as it appears as thumbnails in winxp sp2 it doesnt work in the win fax viewer only appears as a small image. guess its good only for superficial browsing but not good enough to view as large formats.

Status
Not open for further replies.