Help needed on Adobe Photoshop !

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JaDe

Sorry...but i dunno where to get adobe photo shop...do i hav to buy it or d/l it somewhere ?
Btw...other than adobe photo shop...are there other program tat can be used to edit photos ?
And also what else can i use to edit videos ?
Thanx alot on the help

Ian

Feb 20, 2002
Perth Australia
Photoshop is a full professional image editor, you can buy it online from Adobe.com for the low price of $609 USD. Prics in SG are probably about the same I'd guess but could be wrong.

Cheaper alternatives are JASC's excellent Paint Shop Pro (circa 100~130 USD), Photoshop Elements at $100 USD and a couple of half decent freeware editors from around the web.

As for video editing, Adobe Premiere and Ulead Video Studio are pretty much the standard in excellence for both amateur and professional use.
Cost is around 500 USD per package.

roygoh

Jan 18, 2002
Northwest
Visit site
Depending on what capabilities do you want in the photo editing software. If you are not planning on getting your hands really dirty and really addicted on photo editing, you might not need Photoshop.

I found this relatively cheap softeare by ArcSoft call Photo Studio. US$49.99 from their website at :

http://www.arcsoft.com/products/software/en/photostudio.html

Microsoft also has an interesting software called "Digital Image Pro":

http://www.microsoft.com/catalog/display.asp?subid=22&site=11380&x=35&y=4

Their capacilities don't come close to PS, especially if you intent to do a lot of manual touch up and manipulations.

Nov 6, 2002
Visit site
Another good idea could be photoshop elements - comes bundled with most scanners/printers etc and is quite good. Has most of the things a not-so-serious user would want. If you want to buy it - comes for around 100 SGD.. not too bad!

roygoh

Jan 18, 2002
Northwest
Visit site
Right, I forgot about the bundle software.

I got PS 5.0 LE bundled with my purchase of the Acer silm scanner as well as Nikon CP995.

That should be good enough for most photo editing tasks.

- Roy

ckiang

Originally posted by roygoh
Right, I forgot about the bundle software.

I got PS 5.0 LE bundled with my purchase of the Acer silm scanner as well as Nikon CP995.

That should be good enough for most photo editing tasks.

- Roy
Speaking of which, I now have 2 copies of Adobe PhotoShop 5.0 LE. Maybe can conduct some sort of lucky draw and give it away.... ;p

Regards
CK

J

JaDe

Hm...
so many options...but all quite ex..
siGh~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom