Help needed, Neighbour misused his house

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicholas1986

Feb 22, 2002
singapore
Visit site
Hi there, i have a neighbour that has 4 dogs (one of it is a great dane) confine to a a space around the size of 1 parking lot. The dog *sh*it in that space and the owner just flushes it out of the house after that. (i lived in a terrace btw)
the dogs are smelly, even me staying 3 doors away can smell it oo (suspected that the owner does not care for his dogs)
i tried to call SPCA and they said they cannot do anything much.
Now the owner uses his house as a warehouse. he stores used metal gates (outside) inside his house there are mattresses stack to the ceiling and cables all over.

Anyone here can advise on where can tell me who can i report to?

for mattresses can be a fire hazzard, call Civil Defense. who knows, the Civil Defence may call the rest in for u! :)

oh, tell them there is more than 1 uncared for doggie inside, dun get bitten. a civil servant is hurt in line of duty? heheh... :devil:

Last edited:
for mattresses can be a fire hazzard, call Civil Defense. who knows, the Civil Defence may call the rest in for u! :)

oh, tell them there is more than 1 uncared for doggie inside, dun get bitten. a civil servart is hurt in line of duty? heheh... :devil:

was thinking of that too...

Look for MP might be the way out. Another alternative might be the Singapore Land Authority.

You might want to refer to this for the change of use of the land

IMG18504ss.JPG

IMG18502s.JPG

IMG18498ss.JPG

send it to Stomp.:)

If he's not breaking the law, I don't see what can be done.

Yea I'm also wondering what laws have been broken. The only thing which I think merits follow up is the whole smell from dog poo bit. There should be a nuisance provision somewhere. As for storing of gates or rearing of dogs, I'm not sure if you can do much about it.

Hi there, i have a neighbour that has 4 dogs (one of it is a great dane) confine to a a space around the size of 1 parking lot. The dog *sh*it in that space and the owner just flushes it out of the house after that. (i lived in a terrace btw)
the dogs are smelly, even me staying 3 doors away can smell it oo (suspected that the owner does not care for his dogs)
Now the owner uses his house as a warehouse. he stores used metal gates (outside) inside his house there are mattresses stack to the ceiling and cables all over.

As for the "gentle giant" Great Dane, you need to show n proof that the Great Dane is in distress.

from http://gdcwpa.googlepages.com/adoptionprocess
Considerations...
1. Indoor living accommodations must be available. Great Danes are not “outside” dogs.
2. You are required to have a fenced yard. Being chained in the yard is unacceptable.

Too many dogs - can try to call AVA or the agency which issue licence to dogs ( don't know which is the one )

Dog poo - AVA, NEA, BCA.

Using house as a warehouse - CDF, FSB, BCA.

Hopes it helps

i think you should at least try talking to him first before going the "proper channel" way.

i think you should at least try talking to him first before going the "proper channel" way.

his immediate neighour tried talking to him but it just got worst
spca called me the other day and they too tried to talk to him but to no improvement

as for the dog barking at random intervals, he now covers it up with canvas
more like a jail for the dogs. not forgetting the sun is freaking hot now and the dog black in colour is under it

IMG18660s.JPG

Look at the pile of wood.... what if someone just throw a match onto it ?

IMG18608s.JPG

Last edited:
now you have 3 reasons (though not very favourable)
cruelty to animal
hazardous material at home
unhygienically environment to neighbours

maybe u can gather all neighbours and haul him to court. civil suit..

One word, u suay man.

Anyway, everything in his house, nothing can u do.

sic the environmental agency on his ass...excuse being he's leaving hazardous material exposed: dog doo and breeding ground of mozzies. Surprised no one has done anything about that firetrap yet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.