help needed in getting D70's WB correct

Status
Not open for further replies.

copycat

Mar 15, 2004
www.flickr.com
hi can anyone help? i dont seems to get the White Balance correct under diff shooting environment. Below is a sample shot shooting at WB=sunny (-1). image sorta carry a greenish tint.

The shot is taken during a bright sunny day with little or not clouds. not flash used.

I tried diff settings but dont seems to get a satisfactory results. need to post process in PS everytime.

(above: original)

(above: after WB corrected in PS

ahbeng

Jun 9, 2003
Visit site
i agree, the top have greensih tint. but the bottom is more magenta. i still prefer the top picture. have you tried using custom white balance?

copycat

Mar 15, 2004
www.flickr.com
ahbeng said:
i agree, the top have greensih tint. but the bottom is more magenta. i still prefer the top picture. have you tried using custom white balance?

yes... tried too.. Auto WB result is not pleasing too

Mar 3, 2004
Just use manual WB lor. It is really simple to use. Take some test shots first and even informed guesstimation from the LCD is not that bad actually. Such a skill can become 2nd nature and not pose problems if you are skilled, even when you move from direct sun to shade....you will remember to change WB. Even if the WB guesstimation is inaccurate, it will just be a bit and won't pose a problem to correct with the R/G/B Levels in PS later on.

If it's a really important pic/moment and you don't wanna look like a dork taking so many test shots polariod style, use WB bracketing. 1 shot, 3 pics. It's there for you to take advantage of. :) Else take RAW if you don't mind the post processing.

Status
Not open for further replies.