HELP needed for Sun Yan Zi Concert

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnipihz

Oct 5, 2002
Hi to all.

I'm representing the NTU Cultural Activities Club to request for 3 photographers to cover Sun Yan Zi's NTU Concert on the coming Monday 17th March. Reporting time will be at 6pm at NTU Nanyang Auditorium.

These 3 experienced guys will be CAC official photographers and they will need to cover the entire concert. Due to the sudden nature of the concert, NTU CAC will not be able to pay the photographers for their work.

The photos will need to be complied into a cd and submit to CAC by 1 week's time. NTU CAC will reserves the rights to use the photos for publications. However, photo credits will be given as expected.

Please either pm me your particulars and portfolio or send me an email at zhiping_80@hotmail.com

Hmmm, this is a first, CAC never advertised for such lobangs before. :D

Well, fellow photogs in NTU, here's your chance.

just wondering why aren't you going to your NTU VPS for this ?

Originally posted by rueyloon
just wondering why aren't you going to your NTU VPS for this ?

I'm from NTU PVS (Photo-Videographic Society). anyway, that's a good question.

Originally posted by Wai
not enough DSLR around?? :dunno:

got scanner no need DSLR right?

btw, can anyone lend me his EF mount 70-200mm f/2.8 if I got the job?

Originally posted by mervlam
I'm from NTU PVS (Photo-Videographic Society)

Nice name, so why didn't they give the photography job to the PVS then? You guys only take videos?

shouldn't the uni people try to work with uni people first ? why is this opened to "outside" people ?

people join PVS (or any other society in Uni) to get oppotunities and gain experience in their hobby/passion.

Some of my best (in terms of photography skill) photography friends were once part of NTU and NUS photography society, so I don't think you'll find any lack of talents....

Cheers
:)

rgs
rueyloon

Originally posted by togu
Nice name, so why didn't they give the photography job to the PVS then? You guys only take videos?

another good question. no, we take much much more photos than videos.

let's not make this thread banal farther, shall we?

Anyway for those who are enquiring please take note. I'll close this thread on Sunday 2pm. I had checked my PM and email already. I might not have replied to all of you but I read all your mails...

Will call the selected guys on Sunday about the arrangments.
Thanks for all the response!

Dun really need DSLR lah...
Anyway, whoever gets the job for the concert, just got a bit of advice for them. Take care of your equipment! Crowd can get pretty frantic at these concerts. And also try to be a bit conservative and dun be over enthusiastic. From past experiences, the people from Warner Music are quite strict on photo publicity. Last year, they even disallowed photographers during the interview by Nanyang Chronicle.

wow...
Can I join NTU Cultural Club? :D

Originally posted by Prismatic
Dun really need DSLR lah...
Anyway, whoever gets the job for the concert, just got a bit of advice for them. Take care of your equipment! Crowd can get pretty frantic at these concerts. And also try to be a bit conservative and dun be over enthusiastic. From past experiences, the people from Warner Music are quite strict on photo publicity. Last year, they even disallowed photographers during the interview by Nanyang Chronicle.

Got allow photogs what. They allowed me! :p

Originally posted by gnipihz

Anyway for those who are enquiring please take note. I'll close this thread on Sunday 2pm. I had checked my PM and email already. I might not have replied to all of you but I read all your mails...

Will call the selected guys on Sunday about the arrangments.
Thanks for all the response!

It'll be great if you could inform me by late afternoon via SMS or call so I can arrange with my friend to meet him to get the lens.

THanks.

This is Joe-sie by the way.

Originally posted by elutris
Got allow photogs what. They allowed me! :p

Haha... but we all got chased out after a while what.
Maybe her manager din want us to see her complexion up close.

;)

Thanks for the response guys! It's really hard to choose who will be covering the event.... All guys who had volunteered, I sincerely give a a big thank you for supporting.

For those who are not selected, I'm awfully sorry.

Now, I'll need to call up the people who had volunteered to tell them of the results. Cheers!

So, who got the coveted assignment in the end?
Anyone care to tell? Dun worry, the rest of us wun mob you. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.