Help needed for shooting a Buddhist Painting for developing into A1 size

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoLoh

Dec 15, 2004
Singapore
Hi.. I was being asked by someone to shoot a big Buddhist Painting for developing into A1 size for distribution to participants at a Buddhist Teachings at Taiwan. As I do not hve the Pro equipments and skills, I hope someone who has the required equipments & skills and kind enough to help to shoot this big Buddhist Painting b4 this weekend cos the Buddhist Master need to review it before he leave Sg with the original painting to India on 1st May 05. :sweat:

WoLoh said:
Hi.. I was being asked by someone to shoot a big Buddhist Painting for developing into A1 size for distribution to participants at a Buddhist Teachings at Taiwan. As I do not hve the Pro equipments and skills, I hope someone who has the required equipments & skills and kind enough to help to shoot this big Buddhist Painting b4 this weekend cos the Buddhist Master need to review it before he leave Sg with the original painting to India on 1st May 05. :sweat:

A1 is 24x34" or 594 × 841mm to be exact

u need 7200x10200 resolution to do a 300 dpi printing

how big is the painting?

what is the image ratio?

All you need is a good tripod and a bit of patience, just shoot in parts and stitch.

WoLoh said:

My humble questions : which Buddhist temple ? What type of painting is that ?

Can try to shoot in RAW file and interpolate up to A1 size ... :)

Depends how you want the pictures to appear on the A1 size output. Honestly, if you want the whole pic to look good and you do not have a DSLR then my opinion is that you shoot it in its highest resolution in parts and stich them together. One benefit is that if the original is a huge painting, it would become distorted due to wide angle lenses and you get all the details in good order.

However, if you prefer to do with a single shot (with either a slr or pnp camera), then you might want to shoot at its highest resolution and then blow it up. For me, I always use Genuine Fractal to enlarge the size (from 300% to 500%). Anything beyond 500% to 800%, I would use first Genuine Fractal to 500% and then Photoshop resizing with bi-cubic interpolation for another 300% - bear in mind that your original pics have to be at least 180dpi before in order to achieve relatively good results.

...daniel

WoLoh said:

waileong said:
All you need is a good tripod and a bit of patience, just shoot in parts and stitch.

so you will do it?

went with WoLoh to the place yesternite, the painting is about the height of a hdb flat from ceiling to floor, according to the auntie there. width should be ard 1meter but i not too sure about tat....

we didnt get to shoot it, cos we couldnt find a way to set it up nicely....need to find somthing to hang it or watever....

can you lean it against the wall, vertically?

painting is in cloth form i tink rolled up into a big bundle, with a wooden stick on the top n bottom.....looks like a gigantic scroll form.....

Shoot outside but in the shade.......or better when it is cloudy, no problems with the lighting as it is soft.....and you won't get problems with colour changes.

Best is to keep everything levelled/parallel during shooting or else you get distortions: camera and painting, shoot parts and stitch together........good luck!

adviseable to have higher resolution for the photos. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.