Help needed for location of quirky and retro places.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardyhard

Feb 1, 2013
Singapore
Hi. i m planning a photo shoot and was wondering is there a red brick wall building that dont have too much human traffic passing ?
or about that little india shoot from asia's next top model, where exactly is it?
Do feel free to provide more suggestions and link me to any previous thread if this question has already been addressed.

much thanks!

How about the old housings near Tiong Bahru Market? Probably you can still find some red brick buildings there.

Red dot building near maxwell hawker ctr

Hill street fire station.

just checked out the location and its badly fenced up. the only side of the building which has a clean blank wall (free from windows/ pillars) has a fence in front of it and the path in front of the way is a slanted slope. quite hard to work with. anyone else has any alternatives?

just checked out the location and its badly fenced up. the only side of the building which has a clean blank wall (free from windows/ pillars) has a fence in front of it and the path in front of the way is a slanted slope. quite hard to work with. anyone else has any alternatives?

some old HDB blocks you have a whole red brick wall, Toa Payoh have planty.

if you want just brick walls in light color, try Queenstown cinema

qtwn2.jpg

reference image by Google search

How about the old housings near Tiong Bahru Market? Probably you can still find some red brick buildings there.

at the ol bomb shelter, found white washed red brick wall though. =)

some old HDB blocks you have a whole red brick wall, Toa Payoh have planty.

if you want just brick walls in light color, try Queenstown cinema

qtwn2.jpg

reference image by Google search

thanks catchlights. i found the queenstown one by googling too. not really the look i was going for though. my friend living at toa payoh said that many of the red brick wall flats are no longer around. Would you happen to know where exactly in toa payoh? =)

thanks catchlights. i found the queenstown one by googling too. not really the look i was going for though. my friend living at toa payoh said that many of the red brick wall flats are no longer around. Would you happen to know where exactly in toa payoh? =)

can try industrail park, HDB terrace factory build by HDB, Toa payoh have, Eunos also have
http://www.stproperty.sg/media/libr...oh_Industrial_Park_20120329103800_16449_M.jpg

Last edited:
thanks for the suggestions! found it, loved it. cant believe that something as prominent as this could be right under my nose the whole time. pass by defu and eunos countless times and it never ever occurred to me that the boring industrial area had some quirkiness to it. =)

Last edited:
anyone knows of this exact location?
wpid-photogrid_1353918305991.jpg

or any other brightly quirky colored walls will do too.
Muchas Gracias

Hi guys, i would require your help again. going for a shoot this weekend and would like to know if anyone knows where there is an open blank white wall? doesnt matter the texture of it.

additionallly, for you whimsical shooters, queenstown cinema is now closed off and will be torn down soon. so the location is no longer an option for the comments above. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.