Help needed for conversion of photos in video


Status
Not open for further replies.

Lmodel

New Member
Jun 19, 2005
1,124
0
0
Jurong Island
#1
I am currently using Pinnacle Studio 10 as my video editing software.

However, I have noticed that the photos seem to be rather blur after converting them into MPEG 1. My photos resolution is 640 x 480.

Did I miss out anything or is there any way that my photos can be as sharp as those shown on TV programs?

Cheers
 

dreamerz

Senior Member
Aug 13, 2005
888
0
0
30
Tampines
www.sherman-photography.net
#2
Lmodel said:
I am currently using Pinnacle Studio 10 as my video editing software.

However, I have noticed that the photos seem to be rather blur after converting them into MPEG 1. My photos resolution is 640 x 480.

Did I miss out anything or is there any way that my photos can be as sharp as those shown on TV programs?

Cheers
native mpeg1 resolution is 352x288 iirc...so when u play on ur computer it wun b sharp as its stretch to fit ur computer resolution...whereas when play on tv it wun tat bad...
 

Lmodel

New Member
Jun 19, 2005
1,124
0
0
Jurong Island
#3
dreamerz said:
native mpeg1 resolution is 352x288 iirc...so when u play on ur computer it wun b sharp as its stretch to fit ur computer resolution...whereas when play on tv it wun tat bad...
Haha ok thanks. How about if playing on projector? Will it be as blur or better or there is something that I need to do?

Cheers
 

dreamerz

Senior Member
Aug 13, 2005
888
0
0
30
Tampines
www.sherman-photography.net
#4
Lmodel said:
Haha ok thanks. How about if playing on projector? Will it be as blur or better or there is something that I need to do?

Cheers
if using computer to play bk...it will b abt the same...but then u r viewing fm far...so its nt tat noticable...
 

yyD70S

Senior Member
Dec 25, 2005
2,454
0
0
Singapore
#5
A better alternative is to use shareware programs like... Memories To Go or Proshow Gold.
 

tim

New Member
Nov 7, 2004
825
0
0
Eastern Singapore
#6
Regardless what software you use, Mpeg 1 (VCD) is 352 X 288 PAL and Mpeg 2 (DVD) is 720 X 576 PAL therefore DVD will be better in term of quality.
 

tim

New Member
Nov 7, 2004
825
0
0
Eastern Singapore
#9
dreamerz said:
yup...best will b uncompress avi...
Uncompressed video? wow the file size is huge about 72 gig at full frame size :) for an hour.
 

Lmodel

New Member
Jun 19, 2005
1,124
0
0
Jurong Island
#11
Thanks for all the help.

I tried saving in MPEG2 (DVD) format and it works wonder (as compared to MPEG1).

Cheers
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom