Help needed - file conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.Lee

I am changing employer. Currently using MS Outlook email (.pst), new company uses Lotus Notes (.nsf). I have back up my .pst data but:

1. How to open .pst data file without MS Outlook?
2. Alternate solution is to convert .pst files to other readable files without the need for MS Outlook
3. It would be ideal if there is a tool out there which allow conversion of .pst to .nsf

Experts, please help. :cry:

yanyewkay, thanks for your help.

I have downloaded the software and unable to get it to read .pst - reading the HELP is futile. I have also tried ABC Amber file converter, but I lose sender and date information unless I open the converted file - searching is going to be tough.

Any kind soul out there? :cry:

i believe you can export your contacts to a txt file
or check what kind of data lotus notes can import

ortega said:
i believe you can export your contacts to a txt file
or check what kind of data lotus notes can import

Otega, thanks.... not problem with outlook contact, I have them in my Palm.
It is the OUTLOOK emails and attachment that I want to bring to my new company who uses Lotus Notes. :(

Adiemus said:
Yup. you should try exporting to Comma Separated Values (CSV) - DOS Format. This way, you have a better chance in importing to non-Microsoft products.

Found this online. Don't know if it lives up to its claims...

http://www.transend.com/supported_mail_systems.asp

Hi Adiemus, I visited this site, it appears like doing a mass conversion thingy. Which means you must have both MS outlook and Lotus notes. I think it is targetted at IT admin.

- I need a software that allows me to read .pst data file which I will bring along to my new job. I will not have my MSOutlook in my new job.
- Alternatively, to find a software that help convert .pst to other format, but I have thousands of emails to convert. Yup, converting to CSV is the next option if no application can read .pst. :)

L.Lee said:
Hi Adiemus, I visited this site, it appears like doing a mass conversion thingy. Which means you must have both MS outlook and Lotus notes. I think it is targetted at IT admin.

- I need a software that allows me to read .pst data file which I will bring along to my new job. I will not have my MSOutlook in my new job.
- Alternatively, to find a software that help convert .pst to other format, but I have thousands of emails to convert. Yup, converting to CSV is the next option if no application can read .pst. :)

You will not have your MSOutlook doesn't mean you cannot install ma. Installing MS Office also come with outlook.

JL1500k said:
You will not have your MSOutlook doesn't mean you cannot install ma. Installing MS Office also come with outlook.

I will be using a company owned notebook. If I were to install MS Outlook, I would need a legal copy which costs money. (I am not refering to Outlook Express which is bundled with MS Office). Installing MS Outlook will be last resort if all else can not meet my requirement. :cry:

L.Lee said:
I will be using a company owned notebook. If I were to install MS Outlook, I would need a legal copy which costs money. (I am not refering to Outlook Express which is bundled with MS Office). Installing MS Outlook will be last resort if all else can not meet my requirement. :cry:
Outlook Express is free with Windows XP. IIRC, Outlook Express might be able to read your pst file. You can do a test with your current system.

Can try using Outlook Connector for Domino..download free from Microsoft Sites..
It allows you to read Domnino Server(Lotus Notes) mails using Microsoft Outlook..
Hope it helps!:D

blazer_workz said:
Can try using Outlook Connector for Domino..download free from Microsoft Sites..
It allows you to read Domnino Server(Lotus Notes) mails using Microsoft Outlook..
Hope it helps!:D

Hi Blazer, thanks for the suggestion. It appears that it is easier to read lotus notes file with 3rd party software that reading outlook file (.pst). I am researching if there is 3rd party software that allow me to read .pst (outlook) files.

Status
Not open for further replies.