Help needed: Composition advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

marctheworld

Nov 9, 2007
Singapore
Hi, these photos were taken in car show. I wanted to focus the nice silver ring the model was wearing. I took a few shots and cant decide which is the best one. Can you give some idea how you would composite it?

Pardon me if the focusing wasn't 100% clear.. a newbie

1. Put near the middle
2879750118_df4b75b430.jpg

2. Put right-bottom, where the whole arm can be seen, but seems the attention would be so clear as #1
2879755372_d40c9d1d61.jpg

thanks for your comment

i think there are too many distractions ... like the model's rear ...i feel the bokeh doesn't help much as the colors there add to the distractions ...

i think there are too many distractions ... like the model's rear ...i feel the bokeh doesn't help much as the colors there add to the distractions ...

how about this one? then i would be going to shoot right behind the model.. using 85mm

2879003597_8e051ff6c7.jpg

how about this one? then i would be going to shoot right behind the model.. using 85mm

2879003597_8e051ff6c7.jpg
I personally don't really like this one. Too "centre" Both arm and glass is 50-50.
Maybe a tighter shot with the arm leading to the item?

Maybe initial aiming at the butt..but saw the ring ..so might as well:bsmilie:
:bsmilie:

Ptwong> I feel chopping off the fingers would leave one with the feeling something is missing or confused as to what the pic is. It's better to shoot their accessories if they flaunt it esp front view, I remember a few did last yr.

no matter what, the red is more outstanding then the "whatever you call it and want people to see".

if you people to see the "whatever you call it and want people to see", remove all unrelated elements from the photo.

you need to pose the model's hand, remove the glove, get the light right than shoot.

is not like shot already come back try to crop and crop and crop.

no matter what, the red is more outstanding then the "whatever you call it and want people to see".

if you people to see the "whatever you call it and want people to see", remove all unrelated elements from the photo.

you need to pose the model's hand, remove the glove, get the light right than shoot.

is not like shot already come back try to crop and crop and crop.

thanks for the advice, will take note next time :thumbsup:

It was shot in a car show, so taking out the glove is not an option. should know the red is more outstanding. good point

I personally don't really like this one. Too "centre" Both arm and glass is 50-50.
Maybe a tighter shot with the arm leading to the item?

:bsmilie:

Ptwong> I feel chopping off the fingers would leave one with the feeling something is missing or confused as to what the pic is. It's better to shoot their accessories if they flaunt it esp front view, I remember a few did last yr.

thanks for the tips, will try next time

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.