Help needed choosing between Nikon D7000 or Canon 7D

flamecly

Apr 8, 2009
Hi has been considering between Canon 7D and Nikon D7000. I am using my cam more on events and hope to learn how to use dslr to take video at the same time. Had look thru quite alot of review and feedback in between website and clubsnap but I still having a hard time purchasing one. Will be thinking of getting the body with either canon 24-105f4L lens or nikon 24-120f4 lens. I lazy to do editing so would prefer to have a body which produce the nice colour without editing. Seek all of your kind advices thanks.

Sorry I can't see your link. I think is cause of the ... in between your link.

IMO, canon 7d is mid range,
nikon d7000 is entry level.

if u hv the $$$ to burn and 1 2 jump straight to higher end, take 7d.
if u hv budget constraint or 1 2 spend $$$ in better lenses, take d7000.

juz my personal view. ;)

Hi has been considering between Canon 7D and Nikon D7000. I am using my cam more on events and hope to learn how to use dslr to take video at the same time. Had look thru quite alot of review and feedback in between website and clubsnap but I still having a hard time purchasing one. Will be thinking of getting the body with either canon 24-105f4L lens or nikon 24-120f4 lens. I lazy to do editing so would prefer to have a body which produce the nice colour without editing. Seek all of your kind advices thanks.

Is the nice color your main consideration ? This depends on what do you shoot.
Note Canon usually produce cooler color, some people say it's better for portrait shoot.
And Nikon usually produce warmer color, some people say it's better for nature shoot.

Is video your main consideration ?
Canon has the best in HD Video recording at this moment.

0In my opinion I would very much incline to the Nikon D7000, by the way my Nikon D90 would be on the way :)

I like Nikon on the warmer and more natural in my opinion. As Canon by nature more fierce :)

there is a comparison between this 2 cams in digitalrev by kai.. u can check it out.. think d7000 noise control is a step better but it has a newer sensor build into it.. 7d builds better(quite subjective) and its af is faster.. go try both cam urself to see which one u prefer?.. oh ya u mention video, d7000 can af in video mode but quite slow though..

do you have a DSLR at the moment, or is this your first DSLR purchase?

Seriously (and I'm not trying to be sarcastic or anything), both cameras are really good. Some are stronger in certain aspects, but a lot of it is subjective. I may really like the D7000 for some features/ergonomics, but you may think "huh? So what?"...

Therefore a bit tough to really recommend one, to be honest.

But since this is a Nikon subforum and I really like my D90 and have been drooling over D7000 for a while now... my vote is for D7000 :)

just to add on:

if you're photographing events professionally, some editing is usually required. Cannot just say "I'm lazy to do editing".

Otherwise you may get a series of photos with inconsistent colour balance, etc... not a nice feeling to give to customers with some photos more reddish, and others more yellowish, and some greenish... :confused:

Why don't u consider Sony a33/a55 ?
its good for beginner. you can see thru the viewfinder or thru the liveview screen to take photos.
and the video can do autofocus. ;)
D7000 can autofocus also. not sure about 7D, maybe the pro can explain further about canon system.

you can go to any sony shop and try the camera. i find the camera quite ok.

Last edited:
its good for beginner. you can see thru the viewfinder or thru the liveview screen to take photos.
D7000 can autofocus also. not sure about 7D, maybe the pro can explain further about canon system.

bo optical viewfinder... not shiok leh... heehee

I looked through the viewfinder... thought the 'auto-macro' mode was on.... :D

eyes pain... fingers also pain/cramp... and that was just after a few minutes of holding it.

just to add on:

if you're photographing events professionally, some editing is usually required. Cannot just say "I'm lazy to do editing".

Otherwise you may get a series of photos with inconsistent colour balance, etc... not a nice feeling to give to customers with some photos more reddish, and others more yellowish, and some greenish... :confused:

Agree with Bro Astra.

If just to correct the colour balance, TS may use the Canon/Nikon NX image editing software to do it.
Nowdays photo editing is simple, easy, and fun to do.

Hi, A large FOV in VF, ISO=6400 usable at output sensor, sensor with 4channels output, processor with 3CPUs, dedicated screen with swivel, etc are some important factors in a DSLR. Size and weight are equally important. Therefore, the bottomline is which camera fits you best for your daily use, whether indoor or outdoor and for any subject conditions.

Why recommend a Sony in Nikon sub-forum? Recommend a Nikon....Lets return to the dark side. :cool:

according to dpreview, 7D is alot better in Metering & focus accuracy, Ergonomics & handling while D7000 has a better image quality esp in raw.