Help need for choosing camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happy123

Sep 10, 2009
hi.. I'm new here and I need help in choosing the right camera..

I'm gng to koera in Jan... It's winter over there during that period.. I need to get a new camera as my is spolit..
I know is Kinda of early to ask this qn now as Jan is still far... But I was just hoping to get info and see if i'm in time to get gd better at the comex fair...

Any recommendation for camera?? Do I reali have to get those " weather resistant" camera??

Thanks in advance for any info.. ;)

1. Compact, Prosumer or DSLR?

2. What is your budget?

3. Any favorite brand?

Em.. either a compact or Prosumer...
currently my budget is less den 1k...
I dun reali have any favourite brand...

was just wandering if all/any camera can be used in winter weather without easy fogging?

My fren recommended me either Olympus EP-1 ( out of my budget :( ) and Lumix LX3...

LX3 is the best choice for ur preference and budget now. But if you want to wait until just before the trip, new cameras might come out. Canon S90 supposed to be good. Also Ricoh GRDIII or upcoming Ricoh GX300.

The LX3 only have a 2.5X zoom.

Go and have a look at the:

1. Panasonic TZ7

2. Sony DSC-H20

Both are approximately $600

I'm not too familiar with the other brands.

ALL cameras will work fine, BUT you of course need to remember that if you take it from a cold place to a warm humid place (outside to inside) then condensation will usually happen. Wait a couple minutes for the temperatures to equalize and everything will be fine again.

Remember, almost all cameras were designed and tested in Japan, so really, they'll be fine.

Reali Thanks for the info... I just starts to learn abt photography tt y still as a nut over camera

Em.... when the new camera are out nearer to end of dec i think the prices will be high at that time.. which might be above my budget...
The sony one looks cool.. haha.. thanks...

Rashkae, Thanks. I will tk note of that..

oh ya... wonder if u guys know where to get good offer for camera??

I'm try to search if there is a threat for this.. haha

Yes, there are threads on that.

You can check out the following:

MS Color - Ang Mo Kio
Cathay Photo - Marina Square / Peninsula Plaza

They will have a larger selection of compacts/prosumer cams as compared to the other popular stores.

My friend will likely be getting the Sony H20 tomorrow, if you are interested, we can get it together. ;)

When it's freezing outside, put you camera between yourself and your over-coat.

Galdor : Thanks for the info... I still cant make up my mind which camera to get yet.. still in the process of doing research..
Any idea roughly how much does the H20 cost?

Diavonex : Thanks, I will do that to keep my camera warm... :)

Galdor : Thanks for the info... I still cant make up my mind which camera to get yet.. still in the process of doing research..
Any idea roughly how much does the H20 cost?

Diavonex : Thanks, I will do that to keep my camera warm... :)

A shop in Ang Mo Kio quoted me $540.00. That's one of the lowest quote I got.

If for compact, LX3 is a good choice for ur budget :)

Oh, just a note. Don't bother getting cameras from Comex. They are selling at RRP.

oh izzit??? i din know.. i was still hoping to get some suggestion on the camera there and go to the comex fair and try my luck..

oh izzit??? i din know.. i was still hoping to get some suggestion on the camera there and go to the comex fair and try my luck..

Every time there's Comex, IT fair, etc, the forum is flooded with "What camera deals at comex??" questions. And every time, it's the same answer: Same price as outside, but they throw in freebies that are usually useless, and you can get the same deals in the shops outside of comex.

Status
Not open for further replies.