Help need a cam b4 christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

mystic

Feb 17, 2002
East of SG
art.digital-dude.net
Hi everyone im a newbie here

Im looking for a camera which can take good nightshot pics and no lag time when taking pics. jus like taking a pic using non-digi camera. I experience friends taking photo using v2 n fuji cam got lag time when a pic is taken. is all cam like that??

all digicams have this lag. The ones with the shortest lag so far will have to be Fuji s602z and Sony F717.

If you want really really minimal lag, go for a DSLR, maybe Olympus E10 or E20.

Originally posted by mystic
thanks! btw how does olympus C5050 fair n C730?
There was another thread not long ago about these two cameras: http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19202&highlight=c730uz

Also, while I don't own either camera personally, I understand that the shutter lag for both is ~1s with full autofocus, though frankly this should not be much of a problem if you prefocus with a half-depress of the shutter release button before taking your exposure (this usually brings the lag down to about ~0.2s).

wat can a f1.8 do? usually camera r f2.8 n is it becos of this the camera is expensive? is it anything to do wif the bright lens?

f1.8 actually refers to wat we call a aperture size. basically it controls how much light to fall on a film. It also controls the depth of field.

The smaller the number the bigger the size and also usually means more expensive cause the lens would be harder to make.

Pick up a introductory text on photography it will still apply to digicams and u will understand much better how a camera works.

Never buy in a hurry... always do your research

Understand your needs, assess your budget and determine what are the crucial strengths and weakenesses constantly

for Digital, you have consumer, prosumer and professional range

the prices vary for each category and the full range of function comes at a price.

state ur budget and it would be easier to help out. Remember though that you should also allow $100 to $400 extra above your camera budget for purchase of accessories like tripods, external flash, storage media, bag etc etc. YOu can always start with the minimal storage media and a UV lens filter and work your way up as the months progress but since u are keen on night shots, tripod is a must for you.

You might wanna consider cameras with remote controls like Canon G2, G3 or Olympus for minimal contact with the camera for night exposure shots

Hi everyone im a newbie here

Im looking for a camera which can take good nightshot pics and no lag time when taking pics. jus like taking a pic using non-digi camera. I experience friends taking photo using v2 n fuji cam got lag time when a pic is taken. is all cam like that??

since u want no time lag ........... how abt conzidering a non-digi cam ..............?? ...............

:D

is it anything do wif the bright lens?
These are the model that I prefered C4000, C730, C5050.

btw will digi cam price like C5050 drop very fast?

to some extend yes
the bright lens does help in some situation for faster focusing

but the models u listed above seems to be not very fast in the shutter lag department

All products have life cycles

5050 is just launched, you shdnt expect a price drop before christmas... give it six months and it might show a diff.

The price is diff by how much? a lot? if 50 to 100+ i might as well get it now.

Friend you need very HIGH connections in Olympus in order to even get a remote idea on what will be the price change. Just get what your budget allow and start enjoying your hobby. If the price reduction is too great in a very short period, something big must have happened

is C5050 difficult to use? sorry to ask so much questions cos i wanna make my money more worth it..... Hard earn money lo...:angel:

Sorry... can I ask what is a bright lens??

Originally posted by Silverelf

Sorry... can I ask what is a bright lens??

Sorry leh I dun really know how to explain. I jus make it simple. Its good for taken at dim area even without flash. very useful for underwater where there's little light also.

SO does this mean it is useful for cams in which you can't have extra long exposure? or maybe digicam? or even just when you need that shot in dim light but you can't afford the exposure time...?? sorry... me blur blur.... :)

Originally posted by Silverelf
SO does this mean it is useful for cams in which you can't have extra long exposure? or maybe digicam? or even just when you need that shot in dim light but you can't afford the exposure time...?? sorry... me blur blur.... :)

well this i cant explain. u hav to ask the experts. Im not sure how it works. But i know its easier to take nite shot.

brighter means easier AF and faster shutters vs other cams cet paribus...
downside is might have more CA.
for oly cams downside is bigger bodies, bigger min aperture, more CA.

Originally posted by denizenx
brighter means easier AF and faster shutters vs other cams cet paribus...
downside is might have more CA.
for oly cams downside is bigger bodies, bigger min aperture, more CA.

Sorry... I must ask another dumb question... what's CA....??

Status
Not open for further replies.