• XENNEC Camera Bags GIVE AWAY - SHARE & TAG your Friend to WIN one XENNEC Stylish bags. Visit this thread thread for more information.

Help my UV filter stuck to lens!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kluke77

Aug 12, 2008
Hi Bros,

Can any bros advice what to do? I got a UV filter stuck to my lens, unable to unscrew it out... what should i do?? Don't dare to use too much force as i am afraid it might spoil my lens!

Did you try holding a cloth in your hand and try to unscrew it?
Same thing happen to me before but I use the cloth and unscrew it, it works. ;)

I don't know about you.
Sorry if it won't help. :embrass:

Diavonex

Sep 23, 2008
Admiralty
Use those 5.5" by 5.5" (those with little holes) rubber mat from the supermarket to grip the filter.

limwhow

Jun 9, 2009
Life revolves arOnd East Coast
Did you try holding a cloth in your hand and try to unscrew it?
Same thing happen to me before but I use the cloth and unscrew it, it works. ;)

I don't know about you.
Sorry if it won't help. :embrass:
Use those 5.5" by 5.5" (those with little holes) rubber mat from the supermarket to grip the filter.
You both have said it good.
If I may OT slightly but still with respect to stuck filters.
Recently what happened to me - my filter holder ring got really stuck with my ND4. It's a very thin ring stuck to another almost equally thin filter. No luxury of having a thick lens body to hold while trying to wring the filter off with the cloth/rubber foam. How ah, like that?

kluke77

Aug 12, 2008
Thanks for the advice bros out there! Appreciate it....

i just managed to get the filter unscrewed from the lens! Used a cloth and twist and turn here and there.... finally after some "cow" force used, managed to get it out and lucky me there is no damage done to my lens! =)

Thanks for the pointers again! cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom