help...my SDCard FormatTED

kellyD

Dec 17, 2013
tanglin
Hi, I need Help
Where I can go to recover my data for my SDcard
While transfering unfortunately few flats at my area blackout..so unlucky
Reinsert card ask for format..2nd time insert it formated..ahhhhh
I did a few vendor even sandisk cannot help.
Only at Sim Lim can but only my pics but the video able to see file but cannot play..
Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated thank you v v much

Hi, I need Help
Where I can go to recover my data for my SDcard
While transfering unfortunately few flats at my area blackout..so unlucky
Reinsert card ask for format..2nd time insert it formated..ahhhhh
I did a few vendor even sandisk cannot help.
Only at Sim Lim can but only my pics but the video able to see file but cannot play..
Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated thank you v v much

Not sure which vendors you tried, without spending significant amounts on professional data recovery services (which costs quite alot), have you tried any of the data recovery softwares to see if the files can be recovered? I use "active file recovery" and it is pretty good for me

for your comment on sim lim, do you mean you had already paid a shop for recovery services, and they had recovered your images but couldnt recover the video?

Last edited:
look for a software called photorec or testdisk. it retrieves the files in dos. abit more complex but it has not failed me before.

Not sure which vendors you tried, without spending significant amounts on professional data recovery services (which costs quite alot), have you tried any of the data recovery softwares to see if the files can be recovered? I use "active file recovery" and it is pretty good for me

for your comment on sim lim, do you mean you had already paid a shop for recovery services, and they had recovered your images but couldnt recover the video?

yap I tried seagate profesional service..they cannot recover anything at all

yap..in regards to the sim lim..initial charge @$50 if a success but they only asl for $20 just for the pics which I am ok with it..

Last edited:
look for a software called photorec or testdisk. it retrieves the files in dos. abit more complex but it has not failed me before.

Tkz will look them up

yap I tried seagate profesional service..they cannot recover anything at all

yap..in regards to the sim lim..initial charge @$50 if a success but they only asl for $20 just for the pics which I am ok with it..

That is cheap IMHO, if the pics are important.

Learning lesson is that in the even of card error, NEVER format the card even though the computer or camera ask you to. If you did blur blur formatted it, DO NOT use it to take any more pictures or store/write any files to it. It makes recovery way harder, if not impossible. Or super expensive when you engage 'forensic level' type of recovery.

That is cheap IMHO, if the pics are important.

Learning lesson is that in the even of card error, NEVER format the card even though the computer or camera ask you to. If you did blur blur formatted it, DO NOT use it to take any more pictures or store/write any files to it. It makes recovery way harder, if not impossible. Or super expensive when you engage 'forensic level' type of recovery.

Yap agreed, but 2nd time I insert the card to my pc it formated by itself, unfortunately

Last edited:

it do recover but the files rocover not correctly name thus I have this error
Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file.
I tot is my Pc so I check my other videos..it works fine....emmmm now waiting for the helpline staff to get back/response

Yap agreed, but 2nd time I insert the card to my pc it formated by itself, unfortunately
when you insert a card and the PC can't read it, it will prompt you to format the card, you probably just said Ok.
the PC won't format by itself.

we usually have many memory cards, and only copy the content into computer without delete the files from the cards, the files only deleted when we have safely transfer and backup, some time don't even delete the files from the cards until we are done with the post processing.

anyway, while you are looking for vendors to recover the files from your memory card,
why not put the corrupted video file in a dropbox, then ask anyone here to see can you to repair the file.

hope this help.

I have used sandisk rescue pro with.great success.

we usually have many memory cards, and only copy the content into computer without delete the files from the cards, the files only deleted when we have safely transfer and backup, some time don't even delete the files from the cards until we are done with the post processing.

anyway, while you are looking for vendors to recover the files from your memory card,
why not put the corrupted video file in a dropbox, then ask anyone here to see can you to repair the file.

hope this help.

ohh this happen while transfering data...power off ( blackout at my area)
it did format by itself...when i insert the 2nd time file read zero ...so 1st when bring to a vendor they ask me when I format...surprise myself..

ohh this happen while transfering data...power off ( blackout at my area)
it did format by itself...when i insert the 2nd time file read zero ...so 1st when bring to a vendor they ask me when I format...surprise myself..

Usually, when you are downloading from the card to the PC, there is only read action. the data in the card will not be deleted. in your case. It is quite sure that you might be doing some "write" action onto the card and yes.. the PC will not reformat the card unless you ask it to do it or if there is virus in your PC.

Usually, when you are downloading from the card to the PC, there is only read action. the data in the card will not be deleted. in your case. It is quite sure that you might be doing some "write" action onto the card and yes.. the PC will not reformat the card unless you ask it to do it or if there is virus in your PC.

Tks, either way it has been format..it happen like been said...no need to "focus" on that :confused:
and the issue/help is not the format problem...it is the recovery I am having the issue now.
Tkz catchlights...appreciate the help

tkz, am liasing with them too.
They have responded..