Help! My Ipod's dead!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worst case?

Well if like me, den about 1 mth, if the parts spoiled aren't readily avail.

If it's an older model like my frens, they'll tell you to get a new one instead.:sweat:

Best of luck man.:sweatsm:

Urgh ...

Just realised I can't start my Ipod ...

In the worst case scenario, where can I send it to for repairs and usually how long's the turnaround time?

TIA!

Wheelock Place if theres still warranty.

If not i would still choose to return to any applecare centres for repair.

theres another method. call applecare hotline and scream at the operator. :devil:

Urgh ...

In the worst case scenario, where can I send it to for repairs and usually how long's the turnaround time?

TIA!

Is it still under warranty? It's also possible that the ipod needs a hard reset instead of a soft one.

Hello Adam Goi!

Feels like I haven't seen your posts for a while :)

I hope you get your ipod problem fixed :D

Hi adamadam ... it's been a while ...

Haiz ... just got back from Apple Service Centre.

Was told they can only do a 1 to 1 exchange and since it's out of warranty, I'll have to fork out about S$500 ... sigh ... in the end decided to go to SLS and send it for repairs ... hope to hear some good news soon.

This unit and I have gone through alot together ... :heart:

It's iPod mate, iPod. How'd it die? I replaced my iPod twice, once using warranty, another after the warranty expired, IIRC. I think I only paid like 60 bucks?

apple does not do repairs.
if it's dead, they replace u a RECONDITIONED set, which means, essentially, they change the HDD inside it.the reconditioned sets are all used sets which customers dumped it back at them if it's dead.

i changed my ipod 3 times already.all went dead on me.
luckily, i bought applecare, else, i wont buy another ipod anymore.

3rd generation Ipod went dead & I replaced the battery from Sim Lim Square.

Urgh ...

TIA!

My son's IPOD mini went dead one day, totally no response and can not power up at all, I bought a battery, changed it myself, it is alive and kicking again, only some marks due to not open it properly.

Apple doesn't repair the IPOD, if it is under warranty, they will do 1 to 1 exchange, if it is out of warranty, they will replace it but you have to pay for the replacement cost that is higher than what you can buy a brand new unit from SLS.

Years ago, my 15G 3rd generation IPOD die on me, I took out the HDD, bought a 1.8" HDD casing for $38, use it as 15G portable HDD and throw away the rest of the part.

apple does not do repairs.
if it's dead, they replace u a RECONDITIONED set, which means, essentially, they change the HDD inside it.the reconditioned sets are all used sets which customers dumped it back at them if it's dead.

i changed my ipod 3 times already.all went dead on me.
luckily, i bought applecare, else, i wont buy another ipod anymore.

Huh? The replacements I got were brand new. I.e, totally flawless surface finish both on the front clear plastic and the back polished metal.

Status
Not open for further replies.