Help!!! My Friend dropped my Yongnuo560 IV Speedlite

bipolareuphoria

Jul 4, 2013
singapore
Guys!! I need help please!! My Friend accidentally dropped my YN560 IV speedlite and the last time I checked which was 2 weeks ago, it still could turn on. The only problem is that now I can’t mount to anything which is basically useless unless I lie it flat!

Does anyone know anyone that do repair for this speedlite and with a reasonable price?? Please help!!

Guys!! I need help please!! My Friend accidentally dropped my YN560 IV speedlite and the last time I checked which was 2 weeks ago, it still could turn on. The only problem is that now I can’t mount to anything which is basically useless unless I lie it flat!

Does anyone know anyone that do repair for this speedlite and with a reasonable price?? Please help!!

Send to agent if still under warranty.

If the hotshoe is not broken after a fall then have a look at this:
Yongnuo 560 II DIY Speedlite Repair - YouTube

If hotshoe broken the can get a replacement like here:
New Org Yongnuo Metal Hor Shoe Repair Part For Flash Speedlite ...
https://www.ebay.com › ... › Flashes & Flash Accessories › Other Flashes & Flash Accs

The only problem is that now I can’t mount to anything which is basically useless unless I lie it flat!

Hmm... Any pictures of the actual damage? Your description is a bit unclear. You say that the only problem is that it can't be mounted, so you are able to trigger it wirelessly and it works? If the hotshoe is damaged beyond repair, maybe one way to salvage it is with one of these mounts. It can still be mounted on a stand or a clamp to serve as a off camera flash? Am doubtful it's going to be cost-effective to hire someone to repair a $80 flash. My guess is that the workmanship quote will be half of that cost at least, excluding parts, plus they have overheads to cover. Low budget option is to try to DIY the fix. First though, I would hold that friend accountable for the damage they caused and ask them to pay for a working replacement, they can keep the damaged one and try to repair it if they wanted.

Pod3uTv.png

sorry to hear this ..... seriously I suggest have your friend get you a new YN560 IV .... its $88 in Lazada
I WOULD NOT rely on equipment which has issues

As above bro said..... its an $80+ item.... your repair is NOT ONLY that hotshoe fix and that it fires .... BUT that it REMAINS ACCURATE at the various settings too

Hi guys, thank you for all the replies!! I have decided to ask my friend to get a new one for me and i will also look into the hotshoe fix you guys have recommended.

Cheers!