help mi with my hardisk


Status
Not open for further replies.
#1
recently bought an external hardisk enclosure
http://www.dtk.com.tw/product/enclosure/den351.html

and also bought a new hardisk Maxtor 40GB ATA133 5400rpm 2mb buffer...

but when i put them together and set the hardisk to master pin..
windows is able to detect the hardisk [in the taskbar] but when u go into my computer..
no new drive is found.... :what:

the enclosure is usb2.0 and it is back ward compatible..
tried with my old hardisk ATA100 and it works..

anyone can help here?? :cry: :cry: :cry:
 

ninelives

Senior Member
Jan 16, 2002
3,247
3
38
BB
ninelives.clubsnap.org
#4
modenaslim said:
u mean format or partition??
it's a brand new hardisk.. i juz open and connect to the usb external enclosure lor... need to format or partition first???
how???

What OS are you using? winxp and win2000 will be pretty straightforward.
But if you are using win98, u need to boot from a diskette or go into DOS mode and run fdisk. But since u are using USB, dos mode might not able to detect. Then, you need to use partition magic.
 

#5
ninelives said:
What OS are you using? winxp and win2000 will be pretty straightforward.
But if you are using win98, u need to boot from a diskette or go into DOS mode and run fdisk. But since u are using USB, dos mode might not able to detect. Then, you need to use partition magic.
I'm using Win XP... should not be a problem
I also used an old hardisk ATA100 4GB with the external enclosure it worked..
only when i change to the new hardisk ATA133 then cannot liao...

so the problem is?? new hardisk problem?

use partition magic?? but u can't even see it.. how to partition ??
or u mean when u open the partition magic, it will be able to detect??

hmm. :think: i try now
 

ninelives

Senior Member
Jan 16, 2002
3,247
3
38
BB
ninelives.clubsnap.org
#6
modenaslim said:
I'm using Win XP...


follow this step

1: goto control panel
2: double click on administrator tools
3: double click on computer management
4: click on disk management
5: you should be able to create a partition on your new hdd


warning ! don't create on the wrong disk !!
 

#7
ninelives said:
follow this step

1: goto control panel
2: double click on administrator tools
3: double click on computer management
4: click on disk management
5: you should be able to create a partition on your new hdd


warning ! don't create on the wrong disk !!
YESH!!!!!!! I installed the partition magic and it is realli able to see the new hardisk...
Unallocated 39GB... hahahaha..
ok ok. i try your method first..

Thanks thanks. .. u remind me of using the partition magic
:sweatsm: :sweatsm:
 

#8
ninelives said:
follow this step

1: goto control panel
2: double click on administrator tools
3: double click on computer management
4: click on disk management
5: you should be able to create a partition on your new hdd


warning ! don't create on the wrong disk !!
followed your steps..
but unable to connect to logical DiskManager ???
may be reason is I'm not the administrator??

Anyway.. i try the partition magic first..

:blah:
 

#9
modenaslim said:
followed your steps..
but unable to connect to logical DiskManager ???
may be reason is I'm not the administrator??

Anyway.. i try the partition magic first..

:blah:
MY new hardisk is NOW READY to serve me..... Yeahhhh.. :bigeyes:

I transferred the photo to the potraits section.

;p
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom