help me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

innovas1

Jun 6, 2003
SG
I just bought a digital camera from the Comex show! But the stupid salesman promised to show me how to use, but never. Just sweet-talk only. :what: Ok, never mind about that, he just hastily said i can have the last piece of finepix S5000 if i buy immediately. Of course, a stupid me just paid up and then... They just hastily packed all the stuff and asked me pay and get lost.

When i reached home, i put in the batteries and xd card. There was a dead pixel in the view finder.. No wonder the salesman didnt let me try. Still bluffed me say its the last piece, someone told me he saw a person 20mins later buying the same cam from that salesman! Also,The camera's viewfinder resolution is very lousy, too grainy.

Can anyone tell me, if I can exchange for a new one? I'm heartbroken now.. Just bought only.. Who would want to buy a camera with flaw?

What should i do? Close one eye? or go and exchange?
pls give me some encouragement......... Very upset liao.. :cry:

wah .. i feel sorry for ya ... but i think the only way u can do now is to go back to the comex show and look for tat guy, with the camera and receipt and tell him the prob lah ...

tmr is the last day of the show liao lehz ~~ ....

what's done is done, but i sometimes wonder about the disadvantages of buying stuff from exhibitions, especially crowded ones like comex. so many ppl around, so little attention the sales ppl can pay to you, furthermore the salesmen are usually paid-per-hour ppl armed with only rudimentary product knowledge.

:cry: so upset, the salesman just got everything done with in 2-5 mins. I went there a second time.. Seems like i have to go 3 times now.. so tiring to go 3 nights in a row.. very sleepy..

Ya, and when they know next to nothing and try to make us look stupid, but little do they know I am laughing at their ignorance..

Retro said:
I believe you are entitled to a one-to-one exchange .... bring your receipt and warrenty and Fuji will change one for you.

huh.. must wait till Fuji change for me.. so long.. What if they say, min is 6-10 dead pixels, or else no change? :dunno: :sweatsm:

West_ray said:
wah .. i feel sorry for ya ... but i think the only way u can do now is to go back to the comex show and look for tat guy, with the camera and receipt and tell him the prob lah ...

tmr is the last day of the show liao lehz ~~ ....

tat guy only wanted to earn his commission, after that, is bye bye liao. cheated me.. say wan to teach me use, then after i buy, say just go for the training course provided. I looked everwhere for the free training course but dun have. Idiot, never tell me go online to register. I called up their orchard best denki store to ask. The guy told me that. I called them so many times. I sian, the receptionist guy also sian.

AND I am SUPPOSED to bring the cam to that salesman and ask him for a solution, can't i just change at the shop? And the receptionst also said I should have checked it there b4 i buy. Pls la, the people at the comex show just talked and talked to themselves and never seem to pay attention to their customers, just intent on packing everything up and taking our money. I paid b4 i got my goods. AND no demo to see if my set worked. I quite foolish too. I only wanted to get the 10x zoom la. If not, I'll have gotten casio qv-r40 and i have even an extra premium from mscolor if I buy.

Some of these "sales man" at Comdex are not really empolyees of the respective companies.

Some are just temp staff or part-timers who are offered like $50 per day and $$$ for each product sold during the 4 day event.

They are given "crash course" and memorising the product's specs and then it's "start selling" for them.

So it's a commission based earnings, this may result in them using "under-hand" techniques like claiming it's the last one, and that if you come back tomorrow they will have no more stock..etc

After all, when the event is over, they take their pay + commission and leave and even if you go back to the company, the 'salesman' who sold you is not working there anymore.

wacko said:
what's done is done, but i sometimes wonder about the disadvantages of buying stuff from exhibitions, especially crowded ones like comex. so many ppl around, so little attention the sales ppl can pay to you, furthermore the salesmen are usually paid-per-hour ppl armed with only rudimentary product knowledge.

crowded or not, most of them only want to get more commission, if i go tomorrow and can't change, I'm going to :cry: in front of their shop.. :embrass: .

innovas1 said:
Ya, and when they know next to nothing and try to make us look stupid, but little do they know I am laughing at their ignorance..

Erm....but he made you buy the camera without feeling it properly and testing it for defects. ;)

Winston said:
Some of these "sales man" at Comdex are not really empolyees of the respective companies.

Some are just temp staff or part-timers who are offered like $50 per day and $$$ for each product sold during the 4 day event.

They are given "crash course" and memorising the product's specs and then it's "start selling" for them.

So it's a commission based earnings, this may result in them using "under-hand" techniques like claiming it's the last one, and that if you come back tomorrow they will have no more stock..etc

After all, when the event is over, they take their pay + commission and leave and even if you go back to the company, the 'salesman' who sold you is not working there anymore.

:what: true...

:bheart: wat about my camera? I hope i can get a new set instead of going all the way to Fuji repair centre. I hope the Best denki doesn't give me a lousy set again/ a display set.

If i can't change, I'm going to..

...to be
:bheart:

:(

Zerstorer said:
Erm....but he made you buy the camera without feeling it properly and testing it for defects. ;)

my fault lor. :(

:cry:

I managed to change it with my bf's help. At first, they didn't wanna change it, saying no more stock. Later, they agreed to change it for a display set at one of its shops but we said no. So, one of the salesmen there, helped us to get a set at another outlet.. I think mine is a new set(if they didnt kid me).

The problem is...

The changed cam has got problems too. Two bright blue spots on its lcd screen, one disappeared after 2 days. The other one is still present now. It showed up in the video avi on my pc!!!! ;(

innovas1 said:
:cry:

I managed to change it with my bf's help. At first, they didn't wanna change it, saying no more stock. Later, they agreed to change it for a display set at one of its shops but we said no. So, one of the salesmen there, helped us to get a set at another outlet.. I think mine is a new set(if they didnt kid me).

The problem is...

The changed cam has got problems too. Two bright blue spots on its lcd screen, one disappeared after 2 days. The other one is still present now. It showed up in the video avi on my pc!!!! ;(

wah lau ... either u are damn unlucky or thoes guys are trying to get away by giving u a "new set" ...

I dunno why. Really very sway........ I wonder if others have the same problems?

innovas1 said:
I dunno why. Really very sway........ I wonder if others have the same problems?

So what are you going to do next ?

my suggestion is see from the receipt , you should able to know the shop address. Go to the shop and demand for a new set exchange. Of course remember to do some basic tests.

Or worst is sent it back to fuji service centre to repair it.

What I do suggest is that you go back to the shop where you changed for the "new" set and then make a lot of noise about it. Ask them to change for you again and TEST it on the spot. In between all the wrangling, tell them you will go to CASE, I believe Best Denki is part of CASE Trust (may be wrong). Just make lots of noise, "tell" them: write to manager, to head office, to newspaper, to Fuji about the bad service.

Also, if sales person bo chap you, ask to speak to manager (remember not supervisor) of store... as long as you look as if you know your rights, they will find a solution for you, just to get "rid" of you. Also, might be good to do it when the shop is VERY, VERY crowded! They will find it hard to ignore you and they don't want the publicity.

In times like these, places like Best Denki can ill-afford to have bad publicity.

Go to the shop, ask for a solution.

Bring pen and paper, take down all the names and designation of any and every person you speak to, and not down their comments. (This usually scares them a bit, they'll be more careful of what they say.)

If they suggest you get replacement from from Fuji, tell them to give you the contact number of Fuji, ask to use their phone and call Fuji immediately to confirm if replacement is possible.

Don't compromise on any defects, please test before leaving premises.

Good luck.

I managed to change again.. But they told me its the last time I can change, I must got to Fuji repair centre if the cam still has problem...

WHy i so sway. I checked properly liao. This third cam seemed to have no problems.. I went home and then discovered that there are 1 or 2 red vertical lines on my lcd screen and a small red dot at the extreme right side if I view when the lens cap is on, is this normal?

I'm beginning to doubt Fuji's ability... AM i too fussy? :confused:

" I checked properly liao. This third cam seemed to have no problems.. I went home and then discovered that there are 1 or 2 red vertical lines on my lcd screen and a small red dot at the extreme right side if I view when the lens cap is on"

You are not sway but just being careless for not checking 100% x 3 before leaving the shop.

:nono: :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.