Help me with the new Pentax pricelist!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gengh

May 6, 2007
Florida
The Admins have given me rights to post in the price guides subforum :), and I'll be starting a new Pentax pricelist and maintaining it. Please help me by telling me about the newest quotations that you get from our local stores!

Just PM these details to me when you have them:

- which Pentax item
- price (state with or with GST)
- which store
- date when you got the quote or bought the item

I'll also try to include 3rd party lenses and flashes (and other items specifically for use on Pentax cameras), so information on those is welcome too.

It'll probably take me another couple of days to get a first draft of the pricelist up. Will update and let everyone know when that happens!

I'm not living in Singapore so I'm really sorry that I can't help you. But I really appreciate your great contribution for our community. Thank you very much in advance.

great!

Thanks Lim for the heads up :) I got a price list w/ me. Will upload it here soon.

wow...thanks for the effort, Gengh....shouldn't you get the retail price list from Empjay first? ;)
From what you are doing, it means you will keep the price list to a single post which is good since strolling down many posts is not productive. :)

Gengh you chould start with the K7 preorder price..

Thanks for the support!

I have written to Ronald from Emjay, and we'll see what can be put up. For now, I'll just put together whatever prices were announced by CSers in the old thread, and compile new ones that you tell me about from the shops.

It will be in a single (or just a few) posts that are constantly updated, so yah, won't have to go through all those pages to find the latest info.

If all goes well, I'll put up a first draft tonight!

WOW! Thanks, Gengh for the helps.:lovegrin:

Thanks and should start saving now...

Kudos to Gengh for the hard work!

Thanks, man!

Ok, 1st draft is up! Please take a look, and tell me if there's something more you'd like to see in it! I'll decide if I actually do it of course... :p

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5208485#post5208485

More importantly, GIVE ME MORE INPUT! See those dates, they're so outdated! But I guess many are putting their funds into the K-7 now, so less new info about the other stuff recently....

Ok, 1st draft is up! Please take a look, and tell me if there's something more you'd like to see in it! I'll decide if I actually do it of course... :p

More importantly, GIVE ME MORE INPUT! See those dates, they're so outdated! But I guess many are putting their funds into the K-7 now, so less new info about the other stuff recently....
Nice and organised. Do you accept online prices? A lot of lenses not available locally one. Having an online price may help people to gauge better.

MJ is coming up with attractive $ for some of this lenses soon,we're
still waiting for the new price to be relist,stay tune but btw bro
great effort from you..Cheers!

Thanks for posting the prices. This is useful for Pentaxians for budget planning.:thumbsup:

Nice and organised. Do you accept online prices? A lot of lenses not available locally one. Having an online price may help people to gauge better.

I have considered adding a column for prices from Adorama and/or B&H. But I'm not sure if it might give people the wrong impression that those prices are MUCH cheaper than what they can get here. Must do the USD/SGD conversion, add shipping, add GST... actually not all that cheap. The K-7 is a good example.... Anyway, I haven't ruled this out. B&H will ship direct to Singapore? (without going through vPost?)

MJ is coming up with attractive $ for some of this lenses soon,we're
still waiting for the new price to be relist,stay tune but btw bro
great effort from you..Cheers!

Yup, I'm waiting too... :)

Looks great Gengh!
I do prefer showing only the best prices and places in Singapore.
For online shops, we can always check ourselves. They key are the local prices for comparison which is not readily online.

BTW, any intention (or approval from CS) to eventually include Sigma and Tamron k-mount prices too? :)

Anyway, I haven't ruled this out. B&H will ship direct to Singapore? (without going through vPost?)

yup they will, but shipping & gst can cost an arm & a leg.

for some items like K20D body it's cheaper to get here in sg (with the new emjay pricing) than shipping from US. hopefully the same story for lenses!

thanks for the hard work! will get harder maintaining it in the future :p

Last edited:

Thanks Gengh for the efforts.

For the FA Limited, maybe you want to separate it into Black and Silver version.

Status
Not open for further replies.