Help me to buy a flash for Canon eos 1000d dslr...

soumyadeepster

Dec 4, 2011
Singapore
Hi,

I want buy a flash for my canon eos 1000d dslr. Can anyone suggest me which one should i take between Nissin di622 Mark ll and Yougnuo yn-565 ex? I choose these two models on my budget. Plz suggest me. I need your feedbacks.

Thanks all.

Last edited:
Both make 'flash' .. and that's what they are supposed to do. What exactly is your question? What prevents you from making your decision? Which functions and features do you require? Please share a bit more, otherwise there is little we can recommend.

Hi,

Yes you are right. But I'm thinking about quality, flash power, tech features & brand reputation etc.

Some sales man is referring nissin one & some other one. I came to know that the nissin is little well known brand. But in di622 mk ll model don't has auto zoom & display screen and yn565 ex has those but this this one just launched. That's why I'm thinking slightly.

Thanks,

Hi,

Yes you are right. But I'm thinking about quality, flash power, tech features & brand reputation etc.

Some sales man is referring nissin one & some other one. I came to know that the nissin is little well known brand. But in di622 mk ll model don't has auto zoom & display screen and yn565 ex has those but this this one just launched. That's why I'm thinking slightly.

Thanks,

If the price is almost similar, I'll go with 565. More power (GN) and more features... I have yet to read up on the reviews, just flipped thru the specs before.

y not get back canon flash.

i remember there were threads abt 3rd party flash not communicatin properly etc...

Yes...there is a thread with regards to 3rd party flash not communicating well...IMHO,I would suggest u try out a used 320 EX or even a 430 EX Canon flash.(2nd hand from BnS section)..Take it & it would last u for sometime.Cheers!

600EXRT

Do anybody use flash of above mentioned the two brands? Or not? Anyone can refer? :(

No technical reply..... :-/

Thanx

I have the YN565EX and the canon 430EX. I have been using my YN565EX most of the time. I would say that its capability approaches the Canon's 580EX (might still not be in the same league, but close).)

Hi all,

Anybody use nissin one? Any problem after purchase? or any other 3rd party model in $200-250?

Guys i really need all of ur suggestions...

Thanks,

@soumyadeepster
i've used nissin before. got nissin di622. which so far i find it very good for general shooting. their flash color is pretty good too. but the refresh rate kinda slow. however the newer di622 mark II is even better. my friend using YN, but it feels more cheap plastic. i rather go for the nissin one. its better.

So far so good with Nissin 622MKii, but after using it for a period of time, I am starting to eye at YN565 instead.....

Hi,

Im also attracted by the features of yn565 but nissin is well know & tested brand than yn. That's why Im confuse. Built quality not very bad, i saw both in shop side by side. But hard to decide better one as a technically bcoz Im not expert still now, just mid of learning.

Thanks all....

imo, I don't think YN is an untested brand.... I believe there are many users here uses YN560 (probably even more than 1 of the same flash). But probably quite a bulk of them uses it for off camera strobes...

Still, I will stick to my much earlier post, I'll pick YN565.

Very good... Can you tell me, what are the extra features in yn565 from nissin di622 mk ll? Will be yn565 ex good for model, wedding or portrait photography? Light color good? If i think in future...

Thanx :)

Last edited:
Mainly will be manual zoom and higher flash output power.