Help me out here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MLD

Jul 6, 2004
Phoenix, Az
I've been looking at God knows how many digital cameras lately..

Sony 828, 717, Coolpix 8700, Finepix S20, S7000

I just dont know what's what anymore..

The 828 sounds good..but it has purple fringing issues..the 717 doesn't have that, but it's lacking in that it doesn't have controls like white balance bracketing, fine-tunable white balance, saturation controls, RAW image modes..

I like how the 828 and 717 have low ISO settings of 64..then you can go up to 800..the Coolpix 8700 only has a range of 400, and the Finepix only goes down to 200

Each has good image quality, a little barrel distortion with a wide angle, but nothing I couldn't handle (and no vignetting, GOOD!)..some have a little more purple fringing than others..but i think i can take care of it in PS. I want a combination of the features of the 828, with the image quality (less purple) of the 727. But the Finepix and the Coolpix are tempting because they offer RAW capabilities..while the 727 does not.

Just when I think ive found the one im going to buy..theres always something else to consider. I just want a digital camera that will take good quality photos, has the features im looking for, and is in my price range.

Someone please provide me with the deciding factor!

Haha..I finally said screw all the aforementioned cameras..I'm going all out with a canon eos-10d

So that's what I'm getting

MLD said:
Haha..I finally said screw all the aforementioned cameras..I'm going all out with a canon eos-10d

That's a cool step. But make sure you consider lenses, accessories, etc. That will set you back a few $hundred if not thousands more.

MLD said:

wat a big change in less than 24hours... what cause the change? care to convert me? :D :bsmilie:

kiwi2 said:
That's a cool step. But make sure you consider lenses, accessories, etc. That will set you back a few $hundred if not thousands more.

I have a job, I'll be able to afford it :)

Hi MLD, why not just get best (atleast for now) 1D MK-II ;)

MLD said:

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
wat a big change in less than 24hours... what cause the change? care to convert me? :D :bsmilie:

:bsmilie: I know, It's such a drastic change. After reading review after review on the cybershot, finepix, coolpix, etc..I finally decided I'd go all out and just get the DSLR instead..buy the camera once, not 8 times in the upgrade..It's worth it in the end, I think

After deciding a DSLR was for me, i checked out the canon digital rebel, 10d, 1d, nikon d70, etc..

Well, I eliminated the 1d almost right off the bat because I don't do any sports or fast moving shots..then i compared the nikon d70 and the digital rebel..and I went with the canon because that's what I've been using and I happen to like Canons. Then I compared the Rebel and the 10D and decided I'd rather spend the money on the 10D and have it last me..

Trust me, I was up for ALL of those 24 hours ;) I went to bed quite late last night because I was up looking at reviews and tests

This is completely irrelevant..but belle and sebastian is a good band (and cartoon)..not sure which one your name is after though

MLD said:
This is completely irrelevant..but belle and sebastian is a good band (and cartoon)..not sure which one your name is after though

both the band is named after the cartoon, so per see both!

Status
Not open for further replies.