Help me in camera selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

eshban

Nov 13, 2007
Hi all,

I am new bie here, and need your help. I don't know much about cameras. Can anyone tell me which camera I should buy for, Indoor Low Light Photography (parties) and for Portrait photographs. Additionally, my budget is under $150. I am more concerned about the Color and Quality of picture. I am not much interested in printing photos.

Note: In my country, camera sellers don't have broad range of models. So, please tell me those cameras which could be easily available.

Thanks in advance.

regards,
Waqas

Hi all,

I am new bie here, and need your help. I don't know much about cameras. Can anyone tell me which camera I should buy for, Indoor Low Light Photography (parties) and for Portrait photographs. Additionally, my budget is under $150. I am more concerned about the Color and Quality of picture. I am not much interested in printing photos.

Note: In my country, camera sellers don't have broad range of models. So, please tell me those cameras which could be easily available.

Thanks in advance.

regards,
Waqas

You want a magic camera. A mystical all-in-one solution that can do all that for $150. Sorry to be blunt, but that's quite extreme.

For 150 dollars, you could get a second-hand film SLR with a flash.

- Clean low light photography requires good high ISO capabilities, or a flash.
- Portrait lenses alone can cost $150.

and it has to be new so you can buy it in the shops there? I'm assuming that cameras there cost more than they do elsewhere anyway?

Wah...interesting! I would like to get a couple too if you managed to find cams with such specs and at that price. ;p

haahaaa, ;p

Thanks Rashkae and Galdor,

Well, I am not talking about professional photography. Just a P&S camera needed for the personal/home usage. Can you suggest, which camera is better among these:

http://www.digitalcamera-hq.com/digital-cameras/lowest-price_ratings.html

And can you please tell me some P&S camera, which can give a little good quality in Low Light?

Again bunch of thanks for your replies.

:)

all of the cameras under that list do not perform well in low light, firstly, they are compact, secondly, they are the lower end models..

but if it were up to me, and i only had $150, i would go for the 590is from canon

In US$, the fujifilm F30 is definitely the crown for low light iso1600. It has yet met any match. If you find it the best but mostly used unit.

The following brands are not the choice for high iso compacts: Nikon, Olympus, Pentax, Sony

Some Canon (iso800 still ok).

Hi
I'm newly joined.i would like to buy 5 Mega pixel camera.can anyone suggest me which one s good?.My budget is $200.. Thank u:)

[link deleted]

I wonder, why you need a 5MP cam when better than that are available, I think Canon IXUS 85 IS would be your best bet. You can have it within 150 GBP. Additionally, it's rating and reviews are remarkable: go through the following link and specially see the ratings at bottom:

http://www.cameras.co.uk/reviews/canon-ixus-85-is.cfm

You can have a look into the sample photos taken from this camera here:

http://www.cameras.co.uk/camera-reviews/photos.cfm?photo=canon-ixus-85-is&title=Canon IXUS 85 IS

Last edited:
I wonder, why you need a 5MP cam when better than that are available, I think Canon IXUS 85 IS would be your best bet.

Because he's actually a spammer trying to advertise his link. :)

Wow they are getting more and more advanced now

Status
Not open for further replies.