help me improve the photos of stones photo taken at home...thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zaren

Staff member
Oct 27, 2003
Paul_Yeo said:

taken at home, the photos dun seem to have impact leh....can help me improve?
hi paul....

some suggestions;

1) think about colours and what colours match, e.g. do the blue stones match with the brown table surface? experiment with other background colours, keeping them as simple as possible.

2) try experimenting with lighting. how about side lighting from a torchlight with the main lights dimmed? see what different effects you have under tungsten lighting and fluorescent lighting e.g.

3) instead of a 2-d outline of a heart, how about a 3-d heart made of the pile of stones? experiment with getting real close-up to the stones and playing ard with the DOF.

4) try dropping blue stones into a glass of blue-coloured water and freeze the moment with your camera when the water splashes.

be as creative as u like!

:)

amor

Jul 24, 2004
Look at the color wheel to see if the colors match, i think putting the stones on a white glass table or a big white sheet of paper would definitely bring out the hues of blue from the stones.

My humble newbie $0.02 worth. :)

trucatus

Jan 3, 2005
Singapore
www.camwerkz.com
xl1 said:
try to make it simple and play with the background, lighting, and DOFmaybe something like this?

http://www.pbase.com/xl1/image/37552441
Hi:

Care to share how you take those photos? They are so professionally taken. What kind of set up? I think many would love to learn. Cheers!

xl1

May 5, 2004
Under the Son
www.ubans.com
trucatus said:
Hi:

Care to share how you take those photos? They are so professionally taken. What kind of set up? I think many would love to learn. Cheers!
thanks for the comments, it very easy to take

1. prepare all the materials
2. put the glass with marble on the white acrilic
3. compose with your camera with flash at the side of the glass
(im using wireless to trigerthe flash)
4. put 2 stop or 3 stop overexpose in the flash compensation
5. set ur WB to tungsten

thats all... hope it helps

khairi

Apr 6, 2004
yishun
inbloomblog.multiply.com
the 2nd shot is your best effort! got mix lighting and suggestive look too stones in and outside of the "prison". only prob is the backdrop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom