Help: Mandai Reservoir

Status
Not open for further replies.

raid

Aug 25, 2003
Choa Chu Kang
Hi,

I've this couple who will be getting married sometime late this year, and would like some photos taken. These photos are not the wedding gown and suit kinda photos, but some casual photos.

Problem is, they have requested to change the preferred shooting venue to mandai reservoir which I'm not very familiar with. Because the change sorta last minute, I've no time to recce the place too.

So... Wondering if anyone here has experience with the area and know any nice spots / have any tips on taking photos in that area.

The shoot is tomolo.., so I need these advice rather 'urgently'.. :p

Thanks everyone.

raid said:
Hi,

I've this couple who will be getting married sometime late this year, and would like some photos taken. These photos are not the wedding gown and suit kinda photos, but some casual photos.

Problem is, they have requested to change the preferred shooting venue to mandai reservoir which I'm not very familiar with. Because the change sorta last minute, I've no time to recce the place too.

So... Wondering if anyone here has experience with the area and know any nice spots / have any tips on taking photos in that area.

The shoot is tomolo.., so I need these advice rather 'urgently'.. :p

Thanks everyone.

I use to jog there. Parking is no problem at all. I have not shot there before, just try to unload some memory - hoping it will help.

Most picturesque spot is the fishing area. You have a real good view of the whole reservoir. You can also shoot down and capture the pic from a higher ground. However, do note that the parking is not inside the park proper but is just next to Manair Road.
Structures - There is only one worth mentioning - the rocket like building that goes up for 3 to 4 floor. It has a old world feel and overlook the water. You can study some wedding shots that involves steps or tall skinny structures.
There are some playgrounds - if you are familiar with fun frolicking times in such structures - can also consider.
There is little forested area inside - with some tracks, etc.
Right at the end inside the park, there is an embankment. Very small, but some possibility.
There is also a strip of trees that fringe the golf course area with tracks - can have real scope there as well.

In my experience, the morning light is very nice. The afternoon sun can be harsh, but hey the weather is cloudy these few days.

I wish you all the best, and hope someone can add on, affirm or negate what I mentioned - to save you time.
Do note that I went there as a jogger , not a photog - some years back when I worked around there.

live 3mins from there. basicly not too much there try the (middle) jetties, tower, benches beside the resevoir just beside the rocket tower, and goto the other end, get into the jungle and out for some grassy spot beside the lake. but beware of monkey poos, 3/5 times i stepped on them. sunsets are gorgeous on a good day.

Thank you all! These are really useful info... :)

dennisc said:
live 3mins from there. basicly not too much there try the (middle) jetties, tower, benches beside the resevoir just beside the rocket tower, and goto the other end, get into the jungle and out for some grassy spot beside the lake. but beware of monkey poos, 3/5 times i stepped on them. sunsets are gorgeous on a good day.

Is that a good place for sunset shooting then???

It's good as any beach I guess. Often you can catch streaks of sunlight peeking through the cloud (forgot what its called, memory has been failing me, even forgot my bank pin), along with some couple looking at it on a bench, or people standing there. Or better yet, monkeys playing in the lake + sunset backdrop. But of course, only if you come on the right sunny day. Had a lot of pics of it, but lost all due to HDD crash.

Are you refering to Upper Seletar Reservoir. You can take Bus no. 138 alight at the golf course and walk in or Bus 169 alight at upper thomson road near mandai before nee soon camp and walk in.

Status
Not open for further replies.