help, Mac powerbook g4 with uj816, dvd media?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcwe68

Jul 3, 2003
HOME
Visit site
Help, I have finally run out of dvd-r 4x media and can't find any 4x media, but the dvd can't burn to 8x. Is there any firmware patch available? or which brand of media is useable?
I am hoping not to buy an external dvd drive since the 816 is still working.

Thanks

Help, I have finally run out of dvd-r 4x media and can't find any 4x media, but the dvd can't burn to 8x. Is there any firmware patch available? or which brand of media is useable?
I am hoping not to buy an external dvd drive since the 816 is still working.

Thanks
u can buy 8x media n burn at 4x wat...no prob 1 wat...:think:

Thanks for your help, not sure if you have the above mac, I have done a quick search on the internet, the older mac can't seems to use 8x media and its not the burning speed, I can set it to 1x and it will fail to write.

But, you may have indirectly solve my problem, somehow I just spot the toast dropdown list showed 8xdvd (not 8x), and after selecting it, I seems to be able to burn it.

Thanks again, crossing fingers that the disc burning is ok everytime.

No good. Anyone can help ? basically as indicated in some old internet web sites writing to 8x disc has a success of 2 out of 25 tries. Anyone can confirm this or is there some new firmware I can try?

i would go with upgrading the drive
burning at 4X is a real pain

i recommend the LaCie d2 DVD±RW with LightScribe
come with Toast 7 as well

burns most DVD-Rs at 16X

Thanks Ortega.
Does anyone know if this is covered by Applecare?

the drive is ok but cannot use 8x media? I don't mind if it is burning at 2x, as long as it can use 8x or higher speed media.

Status
Not open for further replies.