Help!! Mac masters!!! Help needed with iMac and Photoshop

dimsim

May 22, 2004
District 12
Help needed with Mac and Photoshop.

I've just changed to Mac and have just installed Photoshop CS 5.5. I am encountering this problem...is it normal?

Issue:Is this the right workflow? If not....what can be done?
1. I transfer photos from CF card to iMac and it goes straight to iPhoto
2. I open Bridge...to see iPhoto and the folder with the newly transferred photos
3. I go to the folder and the photos but...can't open using Photoshop. (ACR is possible but not PS)
4. I go to PS and try 'File ---Open' but can't read into iPhoto (!!!)
5. So....I use iPhoto to export the photos out to the 'Pictures' directory under a new folder
6. THEN I use Photoshop to open---file and it can be done.

So....is it normal? Seems like it's a bane to use iPhoto for a PS person....or is there some configuration I need to do??? Once again...any help would be appreciated.....

Thanks!

hmmm try going to iphoto>preferences>general and set edit photo in photoshop cs5.5 ? that's what i do. just select photos in iphoto after then >edit in external editor. it will open in photoshop.

hmmm try going to iphoto>preferences>general and set edit photo in photoshop cs5.5 ? that's what i do. just select photos in iphoto after then >edit in external editor. it will open in photoshop.

Hi Benjamin88, thanks for taking time to help. I've actually tried it but my CAmera Raw opens up instead of PS 5.5 ...

....sigh,,,now quite lost.

For me, I drag the files straight to the desktop and open from there

Thanks to all who contributed here. Will try your recommendations.

Thread closed.