HELP: looking for someone going to australia....

Status
Not open for further replies.

insanne

Jan 23, 2002
Visit site
I am looking for someone who might be going to australia these few days. I am desperately looking for a crumpler bag for a birthday present and Cathy fotos has no stock till June. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Originally posted by Kit
Eh? Hobo? Got your message. I'll try to look for you. Let you know. How's life in Singapore?

life is still the same here loh...same of boring job..:(...studyin still better...so how is everyone over there...
oki lah..dont waste bandwidth...

can you try help me look for someone who is making this sort of trip..kinda need to get my hands on it before 25th May..

thanks!!

Originally posted by rubric
I'll be going to Melbourne next week. Am on a lookout for Crumpler bags too! Which style are u looking for?

Hi...thanks for the offer!!!! Really appreciate it...
I am looking for either :
http://www.crumpler.com.au/public/photographyframe.ehtml?pass=19&catid=12

or

http://www.crumpler.com.au/public/photographyframe.ehtml?pass=16&catid=11

but I would have to get my hands on it before the 25th of May. Dunno if this fits into yur schedule. How does your trip goes about??

Oops, sorry! I return on the 26th morning. And I cant see the bags you want from the links. If Kit can't get it to you in time and you can wait till the 26th, how's that? Have you tried 77th Street? It's the local distributor for Crumpler bags. Give the shops a call. I understand that the Queenstown branch carries/used to carry some camera bags.

Originally posted by rubric
Oops, sorry! I return on the 26th morning. And I cant see the bags you want from the links. If Kit can't get it to you in time and you can wait till the 26th, how's that? Have you tried 77th Street? It's the local distributor for Crumpler bags. Give the shops a call. I understand that the Queenstown branch carries/used to carry some camera bags.

err...i cannot really wait till 26th thhough...cos i will be leaving for taiwan on the 25th...:(...but it's okay loh...is 77th st the local distributor??
where exactly is the queenstown branch???....

strange i tested the links and it was okay for me ley....
anyways thanks for the offer though....:)

Originally posted by insanne

err...i cannot really wait till 26th thhough...cos i will be leaving for taiwan on the 25th...:(...but it's okay loh...is 77th st the local distributor??
where exactly is the queenstown branch???....

strange i tested the links and it was okay for me ley....
anyways thanks for the offer though....:)

I can't see the links as well. Let me know the name and colour of bags you want. If I cannot find anyone to get it for you, I'll get it and send it back. Need to get something from Singapore too, so................let me know.

Originally posted by Kit

I can't see the links as well. Let me know the name and colour of bags you want. If I cannot find anyone to get it for you, I'll get it and send it back. Need to get something from Singapore too, so................let me know.

errrr....regarding the links...
maybe you should go tothe crumpler website:

www.crumpler.com.au

and go to the camera bag section.
i am looking for the either the "Glamour Photo Case" or the "Old Banger"...I would really like to see the size actually coz the "Old Banger" looks really huge...duuno whether i can sneak it up the plane or not....what do you think? are you free to see it for me...:p

you know i have a crumpler bag which is huge also rite...is it that big as well???

I also realise that I would need to pay GST for thatif you were to buy it but if i were to order it it will be GST free but i have to pay for shipping. However, if you were to buy and send it to me, then I will have to pay for both..:(

i also called up 77th St..they dont carry the photo bag series though..only the lap top and messenger series...

Haha sorry. Edited already. You should too;p

I'm using the glamour photo case. I think the glamour photo case is something like your crumpler, only deeper. Don't know about the old banger, haven't seen that before. I can find out for you.

errr...how big exactly is the "glamour" har??

which of yuur gear did you put inside???

chk yue IM can...got some mail for you...

Sorry about that! Contacted the person listed as Spore distributor on the .au webstie (under contact crumpler/distributors) , and was told the Queensway branch sells Crumpler camera bags. I asked whether they carry the steamer and homestayer, and at what price, but never heard from them again. That was two weeks ago. :dunno:
Just noticed that there's a Taiwan distributor. The email add. given is oppech@seed.net.tw
Good luck.

what was the email that you wrote to...the fonts that they use on the web site is a bit illegible. is it eric_out@yahoo.com?

anyways i had emailed taiwan to see if i could get it there instead.

no need for apolgies, I must thank you for yur help instead...

i wouldnt have a clue on what bunion inserts they have for each bag...but you can go to their web site to see what they have...
www.crumpler.com.au

it's under the accessories section....

yes i think so as well...what stuff do you have to put inside?

maybe just get a small camera bag and you can put other daily items...

Kit, any idea whether price of Crumpler bags vary from shop to shop? I was given 3 shop addresses (Fitzroy - corner of Gertrude & Smith St ; St Kilda - 193 Barkly St ; Taylor Square). According to
the .au website, homestayer costs A$155. CP quoted me $85 w/o gst! :confused:
Insanne, heard from the Taiwan distributor yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.