Help! Lightroom says catalog being used but it's not.

lamergod

Feb 9, 2009
Fratton Park, Portsmouth
Today, my laptop have some connection issues with the power supply wire, it keeps dropping. When I was uploading some pictures, it fell off, so I restarted, then when it restarted, it shows
" The lightroom catalog name Lightroom 2 catalog cannot be opened because another application already has it opened. There is nothing open, I checked my task manager nothing applications was running. Any idea why is it like that? I tried googling it but nothing of this sort came out.

TIA

Many programs set a mark to avoid that a second instance of the same program causes inconsistent data. With databases (LR uses a small flat file database as backend) it's even more important. LR uses a lock file to indicate that one program instance is already running.
In your catalog directory there is a file called [name].lrcat.lock. Every time LR starts the lock file is created and it's deleted again when LR is closed properly. Due to your unclean restart the lock file still exists. Delete it and restart LR, that's it.

Many programs set a mark to avoid that a second instance of the same program causes inconsistent data. With databases (LR uses a small flat file database as backend) it's even more important. LR uses a lock file to indicate that one program instance is already running.
In your catalog directory there is a file called [name].lrcat.lock. Every time LR starts the lock file is created and it's deleted again when LR is closed properly. Due to your unclean restart the lock file still exists. Delete it and restart LR, that's it.

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:
I love you! I was struggling with Bridges and CS4! Hug you many many times!