help... ISO can't go down to 100

Status
Not open for further replies.

fongi

Aug 19, 2008
hi, 1st time user, been searchin thru the manual, but doesn't seems to have the solution, when turn on, my ISO can switch to 200 and onward, but i cant get it to 100 and below. is something wrong. the camera is oni 1 day old.:(

Which camera are you using? FYI, some cameras' base ISO is 200, so you can't actually go down to ISO 100.

sorry, forget to say mine is a canon 40D.

check whether u set the camera on highlight tone priority.

u mean the highlight enable izit? it's enable liao. btw i reset the camera liao, so now is back to normal liao.

btw, the lowest settin is iso 100 rite? tks for the info guys. i panick for a moment;p

better to post this in the canon forums actually

but my base iso on my pentax k20d is 200 when i go to "increased dynamic range" mode - sounds like what flipfreak is describing here from what i've read from canon reviews.

read the manual, and look for that function. canon is more user-friendly than that, isn't it?

u mean the highlight enable izit? it's enable liao. btw i reset the camera liao, so now is back to normal liao.

btw, the lowest settin is iso 100 rite? tks for the info guys. i panick for a moment;p

dpreview is your best friend, when they don't write wrong information.. (which is rare)

Auto, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200 (H)

source

better to post this in the canon forums actually

but my base iso on my pentax k20d is 200 when i go to "increased dynamic range" mode - sounds like what flipfreak is describing here from what i've read from canon reviews.

read the manual, and look for that function. canon is more user-friendly than that, isn't it?

ok. will dig deeper into it and is wat's the cause of it. hope it's really bcos of the ''highlight'' enble issue. ;)

Press the ISO button on top. (there are 4 buttons on top, press the right one). Once you pressed that, the top LCD will blank out, leaving only the flash compensation and the ISO value. Use the dial on top of the shutter button to change the ISO setting. The bigger dial near the main LCD is used to change the flash compensation.

tks for all the valuable info guys. it's the highlight enable issue. resolve liao. cheers;)

since u found out its cos of the HTP setting then everything's fine liao. :)

If you switch on the Highlight Tone Priority, the lowest ISO you can use is ISO 200. You have to turn off Highlight Tone Priority to use ISO100

If you switch on the Highlight Tone Priority, the lowest ISO you can use is ISO 200. You have to turn off Highlight Tone Priority to use ISO100

got it. tks. cheers ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.