Help! Input needed for a proj on photography mags!

Status
Not open for further replies.

simplicity_

Jul 20, 2004
CCK
Hi everyone, i'm doing a project on photography magazines.. and would like to find out more.

1. Does anyone know the rough circulation rate of the various local magazines?
- Grain
- PhotoI
- Asian Photography
- LightBox Asia

A rough estimation will do.

2. How much would you pay for a good local photography magazine?
a) between $3-5
b) between $5-8
c) between $8-10
d) between $10-12

by good, i meant a magazine that has
- localised product reviews (reviews on products that are already available or soon to be available in SG - both software & hardware)
- tips-and-tricks (such as tips on taking good sunsets etc)
- conceptual articles (articles following a concept such as articles on macro/portrait photography etc)
- a "layman" section which has less technical jargon to help newbies ease into the hobby
- events/competitions calendar.
And the usual features such as personalities interviews, editor's note, etc.

3. Besides the features i've listed in Qns 2, what other content would you like to see in a photography magazine?

I really need your input to help me complete my project. it's akin to a poly's FYP, so it's quite important.
Thanks in advance! :p

to get the circulation rate...call up the company or email the editor...

juz explain tt u are doin a project they will be more than willing to help....

Witness said:
to get the circulation rate...call up the company or email the editor...

juz explain tt u are doin a project they will be more than willing to help....
haha.. calisc helped me with the stats le..

how come no one answer the 2nd and 3rd qns? LOL.

Photoi is currently a free a3 sized full colour magazine. Considering the availability of photoi at my regular print shop I doubt I would pay.

Stoned said:
Photoi is currently a free a3 sized full colour magazine. Considering the availability of photoi at my regular print shop I doubt I would pay.
hmm, i dont actually refer to PhotoI or any other magazine listed as above. What i meant was how much you would pay for an entirely new magazine?

doing some sort of market survey there. hahaha.

Actually the price would depend on how thick and how much content the magazine have.

Seriously speaking I will not pay for Photo i if it is chargeable cos I dun find the content great.

Preferably below $10......... willing to pay between $5 - $7 personally.

Photo makeover - could photos be submitted and every month a few are picked out and gone over by a team of pro photographers with their comments and the PS they would do to improve or save the pic etc?

You did say the focus might be on newbies.. think that would help?

i dun agree on depending on thickness. i think will just depend on how great the content is.

eg, for b&w photograhy, i personally think it is a great mag, and i dun mind paying >$10 for it, even though it is not very thick. however i flipped through Aperture once, it's a very thick mag, but basically it's just intro some new things, lots of ads, and selling fro $40+, i dun think i'll buy into that

yeah ..overseas ones are better... mostly around $12 to $18...

oic.. thanks for your replies!

Status
Not open for further replies.