Help in exposure

Status
Not open for further replies.

rongwei82

Oct 5, 2006
Singapore
Can someone advise me on how to start in setting your exposure for a photo shoot? Perharps what are the steps or the first thing to do before carrying out the setting?
From what i know is that there's a standard relation between the shutter speed and aperture. Eg is F5.6 and 1/60. But do we always follow that standard regardless if we are using flash or not? Will the standard always provide us with the perfect exposure? And can that guide be use on all occasion?

And when using flash, do we still need to consider the relation between shutter and aperture?

Can someone advise me on how to start in setting your exposure for a photo shoot? Perharps what are the steps or the first thing to do before carrying out the setting?
From what i know is that there's a standard relation between the shutter speed and aperture. Eg is F5.6 and 1/60. But do we always follow that standard regardless if we are using flash or not? Will the standard always provide us with the perfect exposure? And can that guide be use on all occasion?

And when using flash, do we still need to consider the relation between shutter and aperture?

yo, you need to read up more on exposure :) F5.6 and 1/60 is not a standard in any sense. Different setting is needed for various lighting conditions.. Maybe you can learn by using aperture priority mode first.. then see the relation between the different aperture you set and shutter speed.

pick up any beginner guides and you would be clearer.

It would be best to pick up a book on photography and read about the technical details. Just to clear your doubts and set you on the right track, there isn't any "standard" exposure settings unless you are talking about the sunny day rule which in my opinion, is useless unless you are shooting outdoor at noon. It is too difficult to calculate using the formula as stated by that rule.

I recommend "Understanding Exposure", by Bryan Peterson or "HWM Mega Guide - Digital Photography".

For me, my "standard setting" will be my aperture-priority or shutter-priority mode;p .It can give me a 98% in getting a correct exposure.

perfect exposure depends on situation
you can always play around with exposure for effects also what
hehe

hey guys, thanks for all the help here....=)

Buy "Understanding Exposure" by Bryan Peterson. You will learn just about everything you need to know in that book. Or beg, steal, borrow a copy!

some libraries do have "understanding exposure" by bryan peterson. go to ur nearest library and check it out today! :)

The relation is between 3 factors.

ISO speed, Aperture and Shutter Speed.

They co-relate...

indoor or outdoor ?

Status
Not open for further replies.