Help in buying d70s


Status
Not open for further replies.

nemes`S

New Member
May 18, 2004
22
0
0
#1
planning on getting the d70s but a few questions loom in my head:

1. the d70s body price doesn't come with lens or anything like that right, whereas the d70s kit comes with body lens etc rite?
2. what precisely comes in the kit?
3. how much should it roughly go for?
4. how much should the filters, battery and extra lens go for?
5. which lens should i buy to supplement?
6. where is good to buy the d70s? AP at sim lim? or MS at amk? what kind of freebies can i ask for or can i bargain if i buy from them?

newbie in buying dslr here, i know some of the answers might seem painfully obvious, i just wanna be sure that i'm sinking in about $1.7k for a good reason =P thanx a lot people!!!
 

yyD70S

Senior Member
Dec 25, 2005
2,454
0
0
Singapore
#3
nemes`S said:
planning on getting the d70s but a few questions loom in my head:

1. the d70s body price doesn't come with lens or anything like that right, whereas the d70s kit comes with body lens etc rite?
2. what precisely comes in the kit?
3. how much should it roughly go for?
4. how much should the filters, battery and extra lens go for?
5. which lens should i buy to supplement?

i know some of the answers might seem painfully obvious, i just wanna be sure that i'm sinking in about $1.7k for a good reason =P thanx a lot people!!!
(1) Spot on.
(2) The usual. Box includes the kit lens (18-70mm F3.5-4.5 DX) if you decide on one, one battery, the usual cables and body & lens cap, CD software, warranty, etc.
(3/4) http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=151190
(5) Difficult to answer but I guess it's the one which most CS members would gladly help you with. My take: if you decide to get just the body, a good starter lens would be the 18-200mm VR (assuming it's available). Fellow members... over to you now!

Regards

P.S. Some would even tell you to buy the D200 rightaway (assuming you insists on Nikon).
 

roti_prata

New Member
Jul 31, 2005
768
0
0
Bt Batok
#4
maybe u can tell us wat u shoot often. most ppl hav either [super wa + normal + tele]zooms or [wa like 17-35 and tele] some shoot primes only but i find it inconvinent. for now, the kit lens is enough, the 18-200 is better of course. but i personally find the [higher thn 2.8] and variable apatures difficult indoors.
 

Andy Ang

Senior Member
Jan 10, 2006
2,875
0
0
Dreamy Nikon Land
#5
nemes`S said:
planning on getting the d70s but a few questions loom in my head:

1. the d70s body price doesn't come with lens or anything like that right, whereas the d70s kit comes with body lens etc rite?
2. what precisely comes in the kit?
3. how much should it roughly go for?
4. how much should the filters, battery and extra lens go for?
5. which lens should i buy to supplement?
6. where is good to buy the d70s? AP at sim lim? or MS at amk? what kind of freebies can i ask for or can i bargain if i buy from them?

newbie in buying dslr here, i know some of the answers might seem painfully obvious, i just wanna be sure that i'm sinking in about $1.7k for a good reason =P thanx a lot people!!!
Believe me, your $1700 Budget will swell in no time,
when you start to buy tripod, bag, batteries, speedlights, 2 other basic lenses, cleaners, dry-cabi, and these are things you will most probably get within the 1st month.

So ready your budget before you step in.
 

shinken

New Member
Jun 9, 2005
1,294
0
0
41
Pasir Ris
colourdots.com
#6
nemes`S said:
planning on getting the d70s but a few questions loom in my head:

1. the d70s body price doesn't come with lens or anything like that right, whereas the d70s kit comes with body lens etc rite?
2. what precisely comes in the kit?
3. how much should it roughly go for?
4. how much should the filters, battery and extra lens go for?
5. which lens should i buy to supplement?
6. where is good to buy the d70s? AP at sim lim? or MS at amk? what kind of freebies can i ask for or can i bargain if i buy from them?

newbie in buying dslr here, i know some of the answers might seem painfully obvious, i just wanna be sure that i'm sinking in about $1.7k for a good reason =P thanx a lot people!!!
Consider 2nd hand? I find the D70 a good steal these days. Some even have warranty left over. If you're lucky, you'll chance upon D70s at a bargain. That'll free some cash for lenses. Don't forget to budget for flash in near future ;)
 

Xiao_shin

New Member
Sep 21, 2002
1,113
0
0
43
Visit site
#7
Seen 2 d70 at the shop beside cathay. 880 and 890 only. Better go fast to grab it.
 

zachmus

New Member
Dec 26, 2005
246
0
0
Tanah Merah
#8
1.7k budget not enuff surely. Even for D50 i bought with the addtional accessories total damage 2K+ liaoz. (includ 2GB high speed mem card, bags, tripods etc) . D70s confirm would be more $. D70/D50 kit package would be more suitable for the budget
 

benedium

New Member
Jun 19, 2004
1,204
0
0
www.photo.net
#10
I think D70 and D70s not much difference. If you really buy brand new then buy D200.
If not then I suggest you just get 2nd hand D70 for less than 1K
and the rest of the money u spend on lens and tripod. You wont regret that.
If you need help finding a good condition used D70, you have all of us here to advise you and even accompany u to inspect the camera.

You can upgrade to newer more pro body in future, after you have had enough practice with the D70.
 

Chris Lim

Senior Member
Oct 24, 2005
3,213
0
0
34
#11
Hmmm i somehow think the 18-200mm is slowly being a little overated as a starter lens. The standard kit lens 18-70 is good enough to star out as a "learning lens" Unless you find the need to zoom in a whole lot more most of the time. Why dun you just go for the ceaper option first and start with the kit lens, then in future if you require the extra lenght. can get the 70-200 or sth?

Just my two cents worth.
 

nemes`S

New Member
May 18, 2004
22
0
0
#12
you guys are a smashin bunch! thanx... yeah i might be considering a 2nd hand... roughly how much should it go for? there's one that is almost a year old that's going for abt 1.3k
 

lsisaxon

Senior Member
Nov 29, 2004
11,941
0
0
#14
benedium said:
I think D70 and D70s not much difference. If you really buy brand new then buy D200.
If not then I suggest you just get 2nd hand D70 for less than 1K
and the rest of the money u spend on lens and tripod. You wont regret that.
If you need help finding a good condition used D70, you have all of us here to advise you and even accompany u to inspect the camera.

You can upgrade to newer more pro body in future, after you have had enough practice with the D70.
Buy D200 can buy D70s body plus a 18-200VR lens and still got spare!
 

Jan 6, 2006
109
0
0
#15
nemes`S said:
you guys are a smashin bunch! thanx... yeah i might be considering a 2nd hand... roughly how much should it go for? there's one that is almost a year old that's going for abt 1.3k
A friend of mine just got a 6 month old D70s body for 1100.
With extra batt and remote.
You get 6 mths warranty and have enough money left over for lens.

This is sort of the market price right now i guess.

=)
 

nemes`S

New Member
May 18, 2004
22
0
0
#17
yeah lorh =(

anyways i got my d70s yesterday! kit for $1740... really excited now can't wait to use it!

oh, and how long should i charge the battery for for its initial charge?
 

billpepsi

New Member
Jan 2, 2005
1,269
0
0
The 3rd Rock
#18
nemes`S said:
yeah lorh =(

anyways i got my d70s yesterday! kit for $1740... really excited now can't wait to use it!

oh, and how long should i charge the battery for for its initial charge?

charge it till the green light stops blinking....
 

nemes`S

New Member
May 18, 2004
22
0
0
#20
was toying around with my cam just now and realsied that when i look through the viewfinder there's this slight yellowish tinged strip at the top and bottom of the viewfinder, and the rest of the screen looks bluer... is this normal???
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom