Help in Buying a Camera (DSLR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rakenr

Jul 13, 2009
Hi! Im not familiar which brands are good to buy but i heard it could be nikon or canon. I want to get some adv which is a better buy? I want to possess an entry level dslr since my budget is tight. This is hard earned money and so i dont want to go wrong with this. Where can i buy the best dslr deals in Singapore? Any specific store, how much is it on the average?

why not go to Canon showroom at vivo to try out and compare with a nikon before deciding brand?

I am not a nikon user so no comments. For entry level u can try Canon 500D (if u need video) or 1000D. :)

ow, mistakenly posted the 1st one as it doesn't have much comments....

how much is the 1000D any recommendation where to buy, which mall/store?

do you think there will be price difference if i'll buy from now to mid august?

If budget is tight, get a PnS.

Really, the hidden cost of owning a DSLR is immense.

can i request for a rough estimate of the price whenever a camera model is mentioned please ... thanks

will i be able to buy a canon/nikon brand dslr for $500?

can i request for a rough estimate of the price whenever a camera model is mentioned please ... thanks

Can we request that you please read the entire forum before posting questions that have been answered many times and where the facts are clearly listed (e.g. Price Guides)? Thank you for your co-operation and understanding.

Last edited:
will i be able to buy a canon/nikon brand dslr for $500?

Second hand, maybe. You'll be able to get a better-spec Sony or Pentax for that money too.

Please try a search. Your question, with a budget of SGD 500, comes up A LOT!!!

post a thread in the buynsell session to state that you wan to buy a DSLR below $500, ask them to quote, probably some people want to upgrade are willing to sell away their old gear.

Wah lau eh... what you expect Clubsnap to be? Do we owe you something or what?

Can we request that you please read the entire forum before posting questions that have been answered many times and where the facts are clearly listed (e.g. Price Guides)? Thank you for your co-operation and understanding.

Well said! :thumbsup:

for all you know we might be internet scammers trying to cheat your money. so i suggest do your due diligence, do a search and look through these forums. then after all the reading you're still unclear, then come and post a thread up. :)

i guess sometimes, people can be quite lazy ah ;p

There have been so many posts about choosing DSLR in this forum and the Newbies Corner already.
Maybe you can do a search and check the price guides as said by the others.

3145 pounds is 9k sgd?

no la, that one long long ago, gbp has been falling since i first went to london, currently at around 1 gbp = 2.37 sgd.

so maybe 7K + thereabouts, too lazy to count, so just multiply by two, can't go wrong since confirm more than 2 times. :bsmilie:

ok ok enough ot.

Status
Not open for further replies.