Help in Banner Printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

helm

Jan 15, 2005
Hi,

I need some advices. I have a raw file with dimension, Width : 3787pixles X Length : 5148pixels. I save it as tiff format, the file size is about 180MB. I need to print into a banner of 6M x 3M. Can the printing shop handle such a big file?... If not what format should I save it to?...

This is my 1st time printing a banner.

Thanks in advance.

maybe richliow can help. look at his related thread.

helm said:
Hi,

I need some advices. I have a raw file with dimension, Width : 3787pixles X Length : 5148pixels. I save it as tiff format, the file size is about 180MB. I need to print into a banner of 6M x 3M. Can the printing shop handle such a big file?... If not what format should I save it to?...

This is my 1st time printing a banner.

Thanks in advance.

give a call at 96705712. is very different for to explain to you on line

Thanks load...

Don't see how it can be 180MB unless is layered file...even 16bit CMYK file at that pixel dimension not so big...always give flattened files...

Anyway, for prints of 6mx3m size, 75dpi should be enough, and saved to an .eps file (that's the format my printer prefers. ask your printer what they prefer), it should be less than 100mb...and it's usually good to check if the printer prefers CMYK files...convert to CMYK yourself if needed, to be sure colours don't go wrong...

Also, ask the printer how many strips they need to sew together to get the full size...don't think they can print the full size in one shot...and if they charge for the sewing...

A million thanks for all the advices. Especially to the helpful guy, I spoke with.

Status
Not open for further replies.