[HELP] Im having issues with this photographer!

bresson

Mar 22, 2004
www.kaledia.co.uk
Company recently hired this new team to shoot photo. Their task is to shoot our retail area. I was shocked when only one guy came in carrying all the equipment. I tot usually got assistant one.

Fine, whip out his manfrotto, Canon camera, and i tell him what to shoot. Ask him about art direction, any suggestions, keep on saying dono up to me. Then without flash head, or anything at all, just pew pew like dat. Everything tell me use photoshop photoshop and more photoshop. Didnt even bother to bring a laptop to tether with his cam to show me. Keep on showing me his bloody tiny preview on his camera. CCB.

Then fine, shoot our signage...tio reflection of opp lights, i never notice it due to the tiny size of his preview. Never tell me anything until my boss kpkb at me. USually my regular guy will setup his flashheads to cut down all the lights, finish everything and ask me to have a look.

Finish the shoot liao, then i realise its my boss friend. Knn wanna pull in her own friend to do this kind of farked up job. And one day $2000 rate. PUI!!!

Company recently hired this new team to shoot photo. Their task is to shoot our retail area. I was shocked when only one guy came in carrying all the equipment. I tot usually got assistant one.

Fine, whip out his manfrotto, Canon camera, and i tell him what to shoot. Ask him about art direction, any suggestions, keep on saying dono up to me. Then without flash head, or anything at all, just pew pew like dat. Everything tell me use photoshop photoshop and more photoshop. Didnt even bother to bring a laptop to tether with his cam to show me. Keep on showing me his bloody tiny preview on his camera. CCB.

Then fine, shoot our signage...tio reflection of opp lights, i never notice it due to the tiny size of his preview. Never tell me anything until my boss kpkb at me. USually my regular guy will setup his flashheads to cut down all the lights, finish everything and ask me to have a look.

Finish the shoot liao, then i realise its my boss friend. Knn wanna pull in her own friend to do this kind of farked up job. And one day $2000 rate. PUI!!!

LOL it's the boss' friend - so what happened was...

1. Guy buys a DSLR
2. Boss says "Wow you're so cool, you must be a pro because your camera is big big!"
3. Boss says "You so pro, I love you long time, you must take our pictures for us!!!"
4. Friend says "Ok"
5. Friend goes and buys a Digital Photographer magazine and now thinks he's a photoshop pro and everything can be done no problem

So there you go. As for your boss kpkb at you, fight back! Say you should have used the regular photographer, this new guy was incompetent.

LOL it's the boss' friend - so what happened was...

1. Guy buys a DSLR
2. Boss says "Wow you're so cool, you must be a pro because your camera is big big!"
3. Boss says "You so pro, I love you long time, you must take our pictures for us!!!"
4. Friend says "Ok"
5. Friend goes and buys a Digital Photographer magazine and now thinks he's a photoshop pro and everything can be done no problem

So there you go. As for your boss kpkb at you, fight back! Say you should have used the regular photographer, this new guy was incompetent.

I know....i also know is boss friend i confirm cannot win. She told me "HE GOT BRING WHAT"...yea yea yea all inside the camera bag. Then what is the use...

Some people hire their friend to take photo. They pay half price and keep the other half for themselves.
But invoice still indicate full amount.

From which company?

Before you make any action, make sure your company does not have this policy which is very common.

Company Policy
1. Boss is always right
2. If boss is wrong, refer to #1

:bsmilie:

If it's your boss' contact, I guess nothing much you can do about it.
If your boss is giving you hell because of sub-standard work produced by this new chap, and you had no say in choosing him or his company, then perhaps you have reason to feel unhappy... but again, isn't the boss always right? :D

Tell your boss want to kpkb go kpkb to her friend..."Y u no photoshop??"

bresson said:

I hope you haven't paid the wannabe pro, throw everything back at him and tell him it's unacceptable.

Btw can I send you my portfolio or should I make friends with your boss first?

I think it is cheaper if your boss would buy a DSLR (whatever brand), some flashes and a dry cabinet. Then ask whoever is free to fire out a few shots at your products as and when you guys need it.

Who knows, some of you might even get better pics from that guy you had described.

(PS. That is what my company do. We are too cheap to hire professional models for our product, so we turned to our own staff... and a company of our size, had a few nice looking staff somewhere.)

Last edited:
If your boss own the whole company, then its OK, its his money and you working for him, either you close both eye or quit the job.

If your boss only one of the partner and share profit with other people, then call in his friend to shoot and kick out the out guy without adding value to the company, then time to call CPIB already. Watched too much ICAC drama recently :confused:

i once went up against my boss when i was 17. she couldn't stand a 17 year old telling her how to do her job better.

so i got fired.

end of story :bsmilie:

Some people hire their friend to take photo. They pay half price and keep the other half for themselves.
But invoice still indicate full amount.

Did that really happen? It is embezzlement of money! Can be jailed one you know.

What's your position that this has become your responsibility? Sounds like your issue is not with the photographer but with your boss!

Funny post.

If you do not know before hand this is a boss friend, then I wonder why you did not demand certain standard. Your oversight blame your boss.

i once went up against my boss when i was 17. she couldn't stand a 17 year old telling her how to do her job better.

so i got fired.

where got end?

5 years later i became her boss :D

end of story.

so i got fired.

haha v good..

where got end?

5 years later i became her boss :D

end of story.

haha! not starbucks!

haha v good..

good for me! in the end, those who stayed on didn't receive their pay and had to make complaints to MOM. thank God i got fired early and received my pay on the spot. it was a warehousing job.

but what this shows is that you shouldn't challenge your boss on their decisions, even if they're in the wrong.