help if u have time to spare

Status
Not open for further replies.

deckb5

Jul 3, 2008
I do have a question, so have a read if you have spare time! Thanks

I have 18-55mm and a 55-200mm, but I'm wondering what difference is it from the 18-200mm? It shouldn't be much different, except for convenience right?

Also, I'm pondering about why my D60 seem to be working relatively poorly under normal lighting within the house. It uses shutterspeed between 1/5 to 1/10, at ISO 400, and doesn't change much at ISO800. Do you guys face such problems with your entry-level cams? I don't really dare to use ISO1600 or even the ISO3200, because of the grains.

Advice please!

You can always shoot in manual. The settings? It depends. I'll pm u some of my samples.

Last edited:
the shutter speed might be too slow for any camera to perform "well" coz handshake problem comes in..

maybe you might want to qualify what do you mean by "performing poorly"? blurred? grainy? as far as i know the d60 is quite an ok performer even up to ISO 800 or 1600..

Yeah, I'm using manual and it's hard to push the shutterspeed up as the subject would be too dark. The images can't be sharp, very possibly because of the slow shutters, and I find that the grains in ISO800 images are rather obvious. Hmmm, I'm not sure if I'm being too sensitive to grains if that's the case. Is it a norm for people to use ISO800/1600 within an environment like the living room? =\ Thanks for the replies nonetheless!

I have 18-55mm and a 55-200mm, but I'm wondering what difference is it from the 18-200mm? It shouldn't be much different, except for convenience right?

Advice please!

Optical quality is a world of difference. =) You have the right set.

regardless of mode, u can't change the laws.

not enough light means under-exposure.

u must either open up aperture, lower shutter or push up ISO.

too low a shutter and the possibilities of blur images higher due to hand shake and subject movement.

actually, grains are nothin to worry about. if its indoor shot of your family etc, recording the moment is more important. jus bump up the ISO, pop up the built in flash, and fire away.

happy shooting.

I do have a question, so have a read if you have spare time! Thanks

Also, I'm pondering about why my D60 seem to be working relatively poorly under normal lighting within the house. It uses shutterspeed between 1/5 to 1/10, at ISO 400, and doesn't change much at ISO800. Do you guys face such problems with your entry-level cams? I don't really dare to use ISO1600 or even the ISO3200, because of the grains.

Advice please!
might want to post the picture with exif data intact so we can help you better.

I can't stand the noise of d60 at iso 800 when i shoot events. So eventually i upgrade to d90.

Status
Not open for further replies.