Help: I need software for a slideshow

Status
Not open for further replies.

petetherock

Oct 9, 2006
Hi friends
I recently went to a few dinners and some of them had nice slide shows where still pictures would animate, i.e. move across the screen slowly, expand, constrict along with some music in the background.

Can some kind soul point me to a place for these software? I understand powerpoint does not do this, but are there freeware or are they all paid options?

Thank you

Pete

Hi,

I think PowerPoint is a good program for creating attractive slide show.
You can add background music to the slide show, add animations to it and also set transitions to slide show.

U can always try using the windows movie maker.. as for animations i'm not sure if it can be done using that program.

For a fee...

Proshow Gold

U can always try using the windows movie maker.. as for animations i'm not sure if it can be done using that program.

I think windows movie maker is the way to go. It is easy to use and quite idiot proof, at least for me. Only catch is that it cannot be played on a mac. The other set back is that the pics are not that sharp are rendering it in the program.

cheers

Currently using iPhoto, which is not easy to customise timing. What I like about it is that it fills up the whole screen.

Does the Proshow slides fill up the screen? Or is it for web viewing like soundslides?

Proshow Gold is good, has lots of outputs

beside DVD, you also can create flash, web slideshow, self exe slideshow, even upload to youtube directly.

Thank you for all the suggestions, if I need to, I will get a paid one, eg proshow.
I want to do some basic tests, and then for my old boys gathering and alumni, do a better one.

Indeed, just that I dread installing too many things on my 4 yr old laptop..
Cheers

most shareware do have trial period, just download and try it.

Hi friends
I recently went to a few dinners and some of them had nice slide shows where still pictures would animate, i.e. move across the screen slowly, expand, constrict along with some music in the background.

Can some kind soul point me to a place for these software? I understand powerpoint does not do this, but are there freeware or are they all paid options?

Thank you

Pete

What platform u r running it at? Your description seem to suggest Boinx Fotomagico which I uses. However, it runs on Mac.

http://www.boinx.com/fotomagico/overview/

dan

Status
Not open for further replies.