help! i couldn't...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by isomers007
still cannot......wif rubber bands, the handle of pliers...:dunno:

Buy a filter wrench. ;p

Or refer to this article by our master Jed.

http://www.asiaphoto.com/jed/140499ht.htm

Stuck filters have become an increasing problem these days, especially with the new plastic lenses. A good way of removing them is to remove your shoe and use the sole to press into the filter, and then twist. The texture of the sole, by design, provides a good grip. Just make sure your shoe doesn't have a fancy contoured sole, and preferably do this with the dusty sole facing up. Gripping with your hands at the sides of the filter just warps it and makes it more difficult to unscrew.

Regards
CK

Oh dear, could it be cross threading?

....take off my uv filter off my lens after sooo many tries. how? :cry:

Find a bigger guy to twist it open.....serious.

Not sure whether it will work, but I was taught to use this method whenever there is a stuck cap on a bottle.

Get a tablespoon.
Use the spoon to tap slightly around the edges of the uv filter. Make sure you do it gently, steadily and slowly. Go round a few times. If it doesn't bulge, increase your strength by a little and repeat again.

Just make sure you do not use to knock it too hard, thereby damaging your filter or even worse, your camera.

Maybe can give it a try. Hope it works. :)

Poor you....

Try opening it with the help of a damp cloth. Not too wet, just slightly damp.

Happy screwing... I mean unscrewing.... :devil:

BTW... I hope you're turning it anti-clockwise to open.... :confused:

:angel:

I am curious on the outcome of this episode.

very simple. my mom taught me this.

place your lens filter on the edge of the door, close it slowly. ask someone in your house to push the door. then you turn your camera. yes, your wood door maybe dented, but as least your lens is safe !.

....take off my uv filter off my lens after sooo many tries. how? :cry:

u know wat u need? you need a guy :D
then u can delegate stuff like these to him.....

ok ok...seriously, which way are u turning to get it off? u sure u turning the right way?

tried the shoe method juz now......and it didn't work...and the spoon method...and yes, i'm turning it anti-clockwise :cool: mebbe i'll try the door method tomorrow......heh~

p.s. if all else fails, i'll find the filter wrench (or a guy)? :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.