Help! - how to verify Hyper-Threading processor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hlminolta

Feb 16, 2003
Singapore
Visit site
Hello guys,

From the My Computer information, how can we verify that the processor is a hyper-threading processor ?
Does it explicitly put the 'C' character in the information, like for example Pentium 4 CPU 2.80 C GHz ?

Thank you !!!!!!

hlminolta said:
Hello guys,

From the My Computer information, how can we verify that the processor is a hyper-threading processor ?
Does it explicitly put the 'C' character in the information, like for example Pentium 4 CPU 2.80 C GHz ?

Thank you !!!!!!

The 'C' means that the processor has a FSB of 800Mhz. Does not mean 'HT'.

Processor with 'B' has a FSB of 533Mhz, 'A' has a FSB of '400Mhz'

There is a program called "WCPUID" that when run will give you more details abt your processor and system board, it's quite small, (200+KB and only 700+KB after extracting, be able to fit a 1.44Mb floppy)

If the CPU is capable of HT, the drop-down bar "Processor #1" at the top will drop down to reveal a "Processor #2" too.

If you select it and only see "Processor #1" then the CPU is not capable of HT or there is NO Dual CPU on the system.

Download here.
http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA002374/src/download.html

for HT to be enabled, both your CPU and motherboard need to be HT-compliant.

wacko said:
for HT to be enabled, both your CPU and motherboard need to be HT-compliant.

and you must have Win2000 or XP installed or HT enabled OS such as some version of linux
simpliest way to verify is to go to task manager....performance

under CPU usage history, u will see two seperate graphs

Hi all ...

Many thanks for all the information you have given.
Have been helpful.

THANKS !!! :)

ninelives said:
hmm, i thought win2000 does not support HT.

i am using Win2k ..some pple believes that even if HT can run under Win2k, it will not be as optimised as Winxp, but i have proven otherwise :D

Status
Not open for further replies.