HELP!! How to rescue images from my CF card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beachbum

Jun 29, 2002
Visit site
Hi

my CF card can't be read by my PC or Mac and it contains important images!
In the PC, the CF drive just refuses to open and error messages says that it has "corrupted file system" or something like that. In the Mac, the CF drive can be open, but under the DCIM, there are no items available. But when i insert the card into my camera, all the images are still there!
Any advice to get the images out?? :cry:

thanks a million!!

may be the CF reader got problem?

try connect the camera to the computer directly...then use the driver to download the pic?

Wai said:
may be the CF reader got problem?

try connect the camera to the computer directly...then use the driver to download the pic?

Yap .. encountered the same problem before and for some reason my card reader can NOT read Ultra II :( ... so now I always connect directly from my camera to PC for Ultra II and use the card reader for other CF ...

Hi beachbum,

Don't worry, happened to me in this situation once. Just like what "Wai" suggested, it WORKS!

Give it a try.....!

Cheers!

hi guys!

thanks a million for the solution!!!!!
i managed to download the images by connecting the camera to my PC instead of using a card reader.

cheers! :) :) :)

Mind telling us what brand/model card reader you are using so that we know it'll not work with Ultra II CF?

using "Solution" brand CF card bought from AP. This card doesn't seem to be very stable. Exchanged once before because pics were corrupted.

cheers :)

beachbum said:
hi guys!

thanks a million for the solution!!!!!
i managed to download the images by connecting the camera to my PC instead of using a card reader.

cheers! :) :) :)

hehe...so it is CF reader fault?

doubt it is CF reader fault, cause i tried it with another card reader on a Mac machine. Seems that when the problem happened, the system files in the CF card for the computer to recognise the CF card was corrupted... at least that's what the Mac tells me.

yaoxing said:
Mind telling us what brand/model card reader you are using so that we know it'll not work with Ultra II CF?

I am using Targus CF-Smart Meda reader .. I found it works fine with my Trancend 45X but does not work with the Ultra II ... When I first inserted the Ultra II it will say something like " your card is not formatted .. do you want to format it now?" .... almost faint hehehe :sweatsm:

Status
Not open for further replies.