*HELP* - how to recover photos from Compact Drive


Status
Not open for further replies.

Petf69

Senior Member
Oct 1, 2004
4,152
0
0
Singapore
www.pbase.com
#1
Hi, please help,

accidentially deleted a folder saved in the Compact Drive PD70x.

tried using PC inspector but it recognises the drive but the program gives a error #5 and closes after a while.....:sweat:

Your Advice is very much appreciated

:cry:
 

Petf69

Senior Member
Oct 1, 2004
4,152
0
0
Singapore
www.pbase.com
#3
Hi fellow CSers,

I accidentially deleted a folder in the Compact Drive PD70x.

tried using PC inspector but it recognises the drive but the program gives a error #5 and shut downs after a while.....

Please share your experience and any Advice is much appreciated. :sweat:
 

catchlights

Moderator
Staff member
Sep 27, 2004
21,903
46
48
Punggol, Singapore
www.foto-u.com
#4
Petf69 said:
any one tried recovering deleted images from Compact Drive?? :sweat:
Noway.

Happen to me before, bring down to EASTGEAR also can't recover.

remember this:

Delete images from Compact Drive are permanent!


Don’t delete any image unless you are very certain don’t need it anymore.
 

Deadpoet

Senior Member
Oct 18, 2004
4,619
0
0
#5
catchlights said:
Noway.

Happen to me before, bring down to EASTGEAR also can't recover.

remember this:

Delete images from Compact Drive are permanent!


Don’t delete any image unless you are very certain don’t need it anymore.
Shouldn't be. The HHD in a compact drive is just like any other HDD. When you deleted the files, it's the index that are deleted. The physical files are still there unless you overwrite them with new data.

My recommendation, if the data lost is of value, send it to a data recover service. They can usually recover some, if not most of the lost data. The key thing is do not try to write additional information onto that HDD until you exhausted all avenue to recover the lost data.
 

catchlights

Moderator
Staff member
Sep 27, 2004
21,903
46
48
Punggol, Singapore
www.foto-u.com
#6
When I notice I deleted something that I’m not suppose to, I didn't write anything to it.I brought the drive to Eastgear, they are very helpful in this little disaster of mine, But still unable to recover.
 

Deadpoet

Senior Member
Oct 18, 2004
4,619
0
0
#7
catchlights said:
When I notice I deleted something that I’m not suppose to, I didn't write anything to it.I brought the drive to Eastgear, they are very helpful in this little disaster of mine, But still unable to recover.
Your PC sees the Compact Drive as another HDD. Wonder why you cannot restore the deleted data from your trashcan? Interesting. May have a problem your your PC?

Anyway, East Gear won't be able to help. If you HDD did not crash, you just accidentally deleted something, most data recovery service will be able to recover it for you. It will cost a bit, but if the data is valuable, worth every penny. I had an experience last year, cost a bit over 4 figure to recover about 100 GB of data. Send me a PM if you need more info.
 

catchlights

Moderator
Staff member
Sep 27, 2004
21,903
46
48
Punggol, Singapore
www.foto-u.com
#8
Deadpoet said:
Your PC sees the Compact Drive as another HDD. Wonder why you cannot restore the deleted data from your trashcan? Interesting. May have a problem your your PC?

Anyway, East Gear won't be able to help. If you HDD did not crash, you just accidentally deleted something, most data recovery service will be able to recover it for you. It will cost a bit, but if the data is valuable, worth every penny. I had an experience last year, cost a bit over 4 figure to recover about 100 GB of data. Send me a PM if you need more info.
Don't know leh. found nothing in the recycle bin how to undelete or recover?
Anyway, nowaday will not delete anything unless the job is closed and archived into DVD.
Thanks.
 

jbma

Senior Member
Dec 28, 2003
3,287
0
0
Tampines
#9
Recovering deleted data is a 50-50% situation. I tried to recover some deleted data and send my hd to 2 companies. They could not recover it. Good thing is no recovery, no charge. However there are people who manage to recover data even after they reformat the disk. But that cost 4K plus. Bottomline is how much you willing to spend to recover it. This range from cheap software that cost =- 100 bucks to software that forensic uses which cost a bomb.
 

AhV

Senior Member
Jun 10, 2004
2,141
0
36
Northland
#10
i am no expert bro ....but ve you tried IMAGE RESCUE found in LEXAR CF cards during your initial purchase ?:)


Anybody else can help my bro here ? Anyway, you can also do a search ..remembered willyfoo advised someone on some recovery matter recently ;p The program he recommended was useful.
 

melnjes

New Member
Aug 12, 2003
1,198
1
0
#17
I think this happened to espn before and he managed to recover some files. You can try contacting him.

Good luck!
 

aperture

New Member
Aug 11, 2005
231
0
0
Katong
360.yahoo.com
#18
I had encountered a situation like this a few years back. I got a software call Active@ File Recovery Professional. I managed to recover about 70% of the data. If you have write stuff into the drive after the incident, chances are the data may have been over-written. You can get this software from download.com or tucows, etc. Good luck.
 

Petf69

Senior Member
Oct 1, 2004
4,152
0
0
Singapore
www.pbase.com
#19
thanks every one for your help.

I have ordered PhotoRescue Professional online as it found all my photos in less than 3 mins....however after payment...i still have not received the registeration code...its been > 7 hrs........

oh no.......:sweat:
 

catchlights

Moderator
Staff member
Sep 27, 2004
21,903
46
48
Punggol, Singapore
www.foto-u.com
#20
Petf69 said:
thanks every one for your help.

I have ordered PhotoRescue Professional online as it found all my photos in less than 3 mins....however after payment...i still have not received the registeration code...its been > 7 hrs........

oh no.......:sweat:
Good to head that.:)

How many photo been lost and recover?
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom