Help! How to clean Crumpler bag.

m102210

Oct 1, 2009
hello, i need help. just want to ask how can i clean the dirt stain from my crumpler 6mdh? do i need to use a special detergent? is it okey to brush the surface? Please advise.
thanks,
Mar

hello, i need help. just want to ask how can i clean the dirt stain from my crumpler 6mdh? do i need to use a special detergent? is it okey to brush the surface? Please advise.
thanks,
Mar

Wash it in normal detergent you use to wash your clothes in. Just don't use bleach.

form the website, it states just clean it with a soft cloth on the stain area dun wash the whole bag, and let it dry in shade

form the website, it states just clean it with a soft cloth on the stain area dun wash the whole bag, and let it dry in shade

Come on, it is just a bag. Just remove the inserts, hand wash it and hang it out to dry. no biggie.

i try asking the drycleaner before, they say they dont wash bag

This is one of the most ridiculous forum question I have seen. For goodness sake, just take out the spongy inserts and wash seperately. The whole bag can be steeped in normal dynamo for that extra clean wash. Use the washing machine for a tumble dry and then hang it out to sun dry. The insert can also be washed like any other clothing and hung out to dry. :cool:

Try far east plaza. There is a dry cleaning service for leather bags, no idea if they do or camera bags.

This is one of the most ridiculous forum question I have seen. For goodness sake, just take out the spongy inserts and wash seperately. The whole bag can be steeped in normal dynamo for that extra clean wash. Use the washing machine for a tumble dry and then hang it out to sun dry. The insert can also be washed like any other clothing and hung out to dry. :cool:
Doesn't tumble dry cause the bag go out of shape?

A good bag can tahan a test like this! haha

Too expensive to send to cleaners, just remove inserts, throw into the washing machine with dynamo can already

Doesn't tumble dry cause the bag go out of shape?

Get it into its rough shape before you hang it to sun dry. My kata/NG/Crumpler bags goes through washing machine/tumbler dry. By tumbler drying you remove at least 40% moisture in low/medium heat setting. This is to speed up drying when you hang it out in the sun to dry completely.

Don't use high heat setting for Kata and Crumpler when tumble dry cos you might damage the nylon material. NG bags can be tumbler dry in high heat setting.

If you don't know how to use the tumbler function then just wash your bags manually and hang it out to sun dry like any other laundry.
:cool:

Get it into its rough shape before you hang it to sun dry. My kata/NG/Crumpler bags goes through washing machine/tumbler dry. By tumbler drying you remove at least 40% moisture in low/medium heat setting. This is to speed up drying when you hang it out in the sun to dry completely.

Don't use high heat setting for Kata and Crumpler when tumble dry cos you might damage the nylon material. NG bags can be tumbler dry in high heat setting.

If you don't know how to use the tumbler function then just wash your bags manually and hang it out to sun dry like any other laundry.
:cool:

And for some Singapore based folks here who are not aware,

Tumbler = Dryer (the ones that uses heat to dry your laundry.)
Spin dry = Part of your washing machine cycle, that spins your laundry to remove excess water.

In Singapore hot sun, I think hang dry will be sufficient.

You can send it to Far East Plaza. It's a place called Le Shine or something.

wah:sweat:, all this "do-this, do-that" for just cleaning a bag? :bsmilie:

just wash it like you would any other sensitive piece of laundry. if you're worried using a washing machine, hand wash it.

And for some Singapore based folks here who are not aware,

Tumbler = Dryer (the ones that uses heat to dry your laundry.)
Spin dry = Part of your washing machine cycle, that spins your laundry to remove excess water.

In Singapore hot sun, I think hang dry will be sufficient.

Bro...most Singaporean stay in HDB flats and sun drying is not an option if the laundry area faces the shade. If you don't dry it 50% in the tumbler, it will take at least another 2 to 3 days to completely dry. If you hang it out of the windows, you also got to contend with water from dirty mop dripping from upstairs, used soiled kotex, cigarette butts etc. :cool:

Bro...most Singaporean stay in HDB flats and sun drying is not an option if the laundry area faces the shade. If you don't dry it 50% in the tumbler, it will take at least another 2 to 3 days to completely dry. If you hang it out of the windows, you also got to contend with water from dirty mop dripping from upstairs, used soiled kotex, cigarette butts etc. :cool:

You make is sound like it is a nightmare living in HDB flats. I wonder how people dry their clothes. They all have to wear clothes with cigarette burns and dirty mop water stains?

All you need is 1-2 hours of hot sun to dry the bag. Being mindful of what your neighbors do is an important factor.