HELP! How much for servicing and where?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetvengence

Nov 20, 2008
I've got a D70s with AF-S 18-70mm 1:3.5-4.5G lens.
My lens seems to have something on it coz i'll get some unwanted spots and lines in my pictures. i've not been using it frequently so im not sure what's the cause.

i believe i need to go for servicing.
anyone could tell me where's the best place to go and how much it'll cost?

and im wondering how often will i need to service it?

thank you!!

Why not do a simple cleaning of the filter, elements first? Then change to another lens, to ascertain the "dirt" is on the lens, or the camera sensor. If it's dust/fungus in the lens that caused the problems, you can either send it to NSC or contact David (fatigue).

first thing first.

you sure the spot and line cause by the kit lens?
it is very unlikely, unless is it very very obliviously on the lens, than it will only show on the picture too.

Why not do a simple cleaning of the filter, elements first? Then change to another lens, to ascertain the "dirt" is on the lens, or the camera sensor. If it's dust/fungus in the lens that caused the problems, you can either send it to NSC or contact David (fatigue).

yes, i did. i even dust off the lens before i took any pictures that day. i'd cleaned it up a few weeks before with my cleaning kit.
sigh.
what's NSC?

i've some pictures i took that day.

DSC_0170.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC_0173.jpg

DSC_0174.jpg

DSC_0176.jpg

the lines n spots are at the same place.
:cry:

You have dust on your sensor. Read the numerous guides online, as well as in your manual, on how to clean it.

This is something you'll need to learn since you decided to get a DSLR.

You have dust on your sensor. Read the numerous guides online, as well as in your manual, on how to clean it.

This is something you'll need to learn since you decided to get a DSLR.

AIT! thanks!
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.