Help. How come the effect I updated in plugin is not showing in Lightroom

brandonkbk

Nov 4, 2009
Hi to all seniors,

Newbie in using post processing tools here. Recently bought a lightroom 4 together with Perfect Photo suite plugin. However when I update my photo in the plugin, ie perfect photo effect, I click on apply, and when the photo show back up in lightroom, it does not show the changes I made to the photo. Did I miss out anything here? Sorry to ask as computer idiot here.

brandonkbk said:
Hi to all seniors,

Newbie in using post processing tools here. Recently bought a lightroom 4 together with Perfect Photo suite plugin. However when I update my photo in the plugin, ie perfect photo effect, I click on apply, and when the photo show back up in lightroom, it does not show the changes I made to the photo. Did I miss out anything here? Sorry to ask as computer idiot here.

U mean the photo didn't make any changes when view in lightroom? Or have changes when view in lightroom but when view photo separately (not in lightroom) there no changes?

When work in lightroom, ur actual original copy of photos remain unchange n untouch, it just like u only working on a "virtual" copy of the photo.
U have to export it so that lightroom will create a copy of the photo with the changes u had made.

In lightroom, I go to file -> plugin extra -> Perfect photo effect, then it will bring me to the perfect photo effect plugin, I amend the pic according to my taste and I click on apply. Then the system will auto close off perfect photo effect and bring me back to lightroom. However on lightroom, I cannot see the effect that I applied using the plugin. As though no changes. Is my work process wrong? Not sure how to use it.

What does the manual say about the workflow? I remember that the workflow for LR to PS CS works via temporary export file (e.g. tiff) from LR which is edited in PS and then re-imported to LR.

Actually I have no manuals. All bought online. Guess I really need to attend one of those Lightroom workshop or buy one of the "Lightroom for idiots" book to read up. Haha

Thanks. Will have a look at it later tonight.