Help help..

Kamui99

Dec 26, 2012
Hougang
i am a newbie in photography..
i bought a DSLR from Funan yesterday, from one of the reputable shop. I bought the body only and the salesperson actually took out the lens from the kit package and sold me the body only.

it was a christmas gift to someone. She already has the basic lens and she does not need one. (i was trying to save some money la)..

but i realised that i should have gotten the lens and so i called up the shop and asked whether i could just buy the lens (the one that they took out from the same box). but they told me that the person who sold the camera is on leave and they cannot tell me whether i could buy that lens or not..

is this the case in Funan?

should i wait for the salesperson to be back from holiday and go and ask her? or should i just go to the shop and ask..

Why running after the shop? They will only sense your urgency and an eager sales man could make a few dollars extra cash out of this by overcharging you. Go to Buy & Sell here, plenty of kit lenses offered, some in mint condition and never used. And you could think and chose a kit lens: 18-55, 18-135, 18-200 ..

Why running after the shop? They will only sense your urgency and an eager sales man could make a few dollars extra cash out of this by overcharging you. Go to Buy & Sell here, plenty of kit lenses offered, some in mint condition and never used. And you could think and chose a kit lens: 18-55, 18-135, 18-200 ..

if the body was a 6D the kit is different.

Maybe he realized can earn money by selling at BNS and wanna buy back at the normal Kit price.

but if not just get the kit lens from BNS i think the 18 - 55 goes for about 60 - 100+?

i am a newbie in photography..
i bought a DSLR from Funan yesterday, from one of the reputable shop. I bought the body only and the salesperson actually took out the lens from the kit package and sold me the body only.

it was a christmas gift to someone. She already has the basic lens and she does not need one. (i was trying to save some money la)..

but i realised that i should have gotten the lens and so i called up the shop and asked whether i could just buy the lens (the one that they took out from the same box). but they told me that the person who sold the camera is on leave and they cannot tell me whether i could buy that lens or not..

is this the case in Funan?

should i wait for the salesperson to be back from holiday and go and ask her? or should i just go to the shop and ask..

That's the pefect excuse for the shop to give. They will make more by selling the body and lens separately so naturally they will try not to entertain your request.

Go down to the shop with the purchased goods and receipt and politely make ur request. U don't just need to be heard but also seen and heard.

thanx for the quick replies.. i will go to the shop later.. hopefully they will entertain my request..

thank you

some shops allow you to buy the kit lens at a later date if you change your mind. not all shops though. anyway, kit lenses are cheap and I thought your friend has one already?

Mind sharing which shop is that? Or you could PM me if not convenient :)

thanx for the quick replies.. i will go to the shop later.. hopefully they will entertain my request..

thank you

So what's the outcome?